Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Alexa and blocking ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi again

I have been using a domain name scanning program and bouncing the names to alexa to check the rating. After some time it appears they block me from the site? Is this correct?

Thanks

Domain summit 2024

arrowup

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have had the same problem using the popular-domains.com software. You get unblocked about 2 hours or so later.

M

mortario

Flood protection is to protect the server from being overloaded with requests. It doesn't matter if it's from a software or a regulart http requests. If it's a lot and coming from the same ip address, then it'll kick in. One way around it, never done this before and it's depend on their webserver, is to set the request inverval on your software. Like send the request one every 10 or 30 seconds instead of all at once.

Good luck,

arrowup

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use the domain retriever software now and I can run it for hours without being blocked by Alexa.

arrowup

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how the software itself works, but I can run a list of 15,000 domains and it takes over 2 hours and does not get banned by Alexa.

arrowup

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i am not too sure...maybe someone else knows?

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks arrowup i wonder how that compares to popular domains, thats what i am using? If anyone out there could compare the two that would be great. I do not see any screen shots of their software on their site.

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never mind my last comment, i found their screen shots. The software stats you can download the expired lists right from their program? Are these up to date lists and is their an additonal charge for this feature or is that inlcuded the the purchase price of their software? I also not not see the Alexa option on their screen shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators