• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed alt.tv

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drunnells

Level 3
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
2
Does anyone have an opinion on this site/domain?

http://alt.tv

I intended it to be a web news reader for the alt.tv news groups.. i've had it up for a few months but haven't really put that much time into it or advertised at all. It does have a little traffic, stats are at:

http://stats.prophecy-i.com/alt.tv/

Any feedback would be appreciated!
 
I think it'sa good domain name. I never subscribed to alt.tv so I don't know how popular it is. I'd say $XXX.
 
Yes, the alt. newsgroups make this domain valuable. I sold alt.org quite a while back for 4-figure. I would market it to the end-user, esp. to those newsgroup users. Good luck.
 
Thanks for your comments guys.

I should also note that I am a little bit concerned about the price that I registered this domain for. Because it was marked as a "premium" domain by the .tv Corporation a two year registration cost me $1,700.. how badly does this reflect on its value? Is this a concern that other .tv owners have had in the past?
 
drunnells said:
Does anyone have an opinion on this site/domain?

http://alt.tv

I intended it to be a web news reader for the alt.tv news groups.. i've had it up for a few months but haven't really put that much time into it or advertised at all. It does have a little traffic, stats are at:

http://stats.prophecy-i.com/alt.tv/

Any feedback would be appreciated!


Because of alt newsgroup and other alt websites I would say you are looking at $5000.00 now undeveloped.

Cheers!

WineGuy

drunnells said:
Does anyone have an opinion on this site/domain?

http://alt.tv

I intended it to be a web news reader for the alt.tv news groups.. i've had it up for a few months but haven't really put that much time into it or advertised at all. It does have a little traffic, stats are at:

http://stats.prophecy-i.com/alt.tv/

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Site is simple but edgy and kinda cool looking for a splash page.

Cheers!

WineGuy
 
.tv is a dead horse - the best name I could think of would be reality.tv
 
drunnells said:
Thanks for your comments guys.

I should also note that I am a little bit concerned about the price that I registered this domain for. Because it was marked as a "premium" domain by the .tv Corporation a two year registration cost me $1,700.. how badly does this reflect on its value? Is this a concern that other .tv owners have had in the past?

the "premium" domains by .tv corp. are basically "rent to own" domains.

they still maintain possession, as you can't transfer it.

it would not be in their best interest, to let you transfer the domain to another registrar who charges a lesser fee!

additionally, if you sell it, the owner will still have to pay the yearly regg fee!

thus making an "undeveloped domain" worthless, unless it gets high converting traffic!

imo.....would have hand registered a "brandable" .tv and invested the 2 yr. regg fee paid to .tv corp.

other registrars charge $50 a year or less for .tv


RADiSTAR said:
.tv is a dead horse - the best name I could think of would be reality.tv

.tv is not dead!

but i'm glad you think so ;~)
 
the high reg fee is so you'll use it! there must be some Waynes World people
out there who would snap this name up.

Set up a web TV site and have people submit amateur video, should be able
to get it rolling, better than joining the bandwagon 5 years on.
 
alt.tv isnt worth anymore than $500, RadiStar is right, .tv is dead in the water, other than a couple VERY premium keywords...and ALT isn't one of them
 
Brandable and easy to remember.

I do not like ccTLD, but this is nice name.

Good luck !


toho
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom