• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed amatures(.)com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stockshark

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Looking for appraisals on the following domains, please:

amatures(.)com
amatuers(.)com

(Note to mods: Since these could be either mainstream or adult domains and they do not contain any offensive words I put them here... hope that's ok)

Please note these are misspellings of the word 'amateurs'. However they are not typo's (big difference - a typo is random, a misspell is intentional because the person believes that is the correct spelling...also these two domains are the most common misspellings of the word 'amateur' which is in the top 100 most misspelled words in the english language per yourdictionary.com).

Anyway I digress. As you might imagine, both of these domains get a decent amount of type-in traffic, 3000+ uniques a month between the two.

Also as I said these are also crossover domains as they could be used as either adult or mainstream.

Ok so there you have it.... any guesses on value? :)

P.S. Domains are not for sale at this time, I am just trying to get a feel for what they might be worth.
 
Very nice mis-spell domains :) As a basic domain (without traffic) I'd say around mid-high xx (due to this not being the correct spelling), however obviously this domain's main value is from the type-in traffic it receives (hence the previous xx appraisal isn't too relevant) - keep track of how much traffic you get via these domains, and also revenue, and that is the best indicator of how much it's worth.

From the sounds of the quality of this mis-spelling domain, and the type-in traffic, you may well get mid xxx?
 
Way more than mid xxx in my opinion.
 
Typos are worth the value of their revenue conditioned on any possible TM risk, any rev stats?
 
Typos are worth the value of their revenue conditioned on any possible TM risk, any rev stats?
They are? Since I haven't developed the domains and they are not parked (hence no revenue) is this to mean in your opinion they are worth $0?
 
They are? Since I haven't developed the domains and they are not parked (hence no revenue) is this to mean in your opinion they are worth $0?

it dosent mean they are worth $0 just yet, I think the value is about 5-6 years revenue if you would park them since they are generic typos, they should get some traffic, but probably nothing not huge traffic, my guess would be about a couple of bucks a month = at least low xxx total value
 
3000 uniques = at least 10% ctr MINIMUM since they most likely think they are spelling it correctly..at .10 a click minimum and 300 clicks/mo this is $30/mo or so...

48 months x $30 = $1,440.... which is why I gave a 1-2k range...maybe they could make alot more...

Stockshark...is my guesstimate close?
 
Actually someone just pointed out to me that voyuer.com (misspell of voyeur) sold in 2005 for $112,000 so I don't think i'll be selling either of these for $500 bucks anytime soon.
 
Ohh then that means you will get 100k then for sure! lol :ok:
 
Ohh then that means you will get 100k then for sure! lol :ok:
Well that's not what I meant. If you use comp sales to value a domain, then these domains might be worth more than $500 to someone. That's all I was saying ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom