Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Amplify wanted to ban members on NamePros in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
At Epik, we embrace diversity. I may have a Christian worldview but wholeheartedly accept that we are on a journey. We focus on attracting the best trustworthy talent that we can find, wherever we can find it.

I can attest that @amplify is his own person. That type of personality works well with me. If I cannot persuade an intelligent staff member on the merit of my idea, then perhaps my idea is not good. Epik has a lot of free thinkers. :)
I mean even on cam, somebody being gay still seems to be an issue with you. I have no idea why you brought it up, had nothing to do with the conversation.

As far as amplify and your goal of free thinkers. He literally started threads on NP trying to get people banned, besides deleting the Alexa thread here.

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You say you want to be a registrar for everybody but it seems, you, Rob, others can't stop attacking those on different political sides.
You confuse attack with disagreeing.

I wholeheartedly support giving the opposing side a platform to voice their concerns. This even goes for Antifa and BLM, for as long as they don't use that platform to organize violence against anyone else.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as amplify and your goal of free thinkers. He literally started threads on NP trying to get people banned, besides deleting the Alexa thread here.
What ever are you referring to here, dear?

My first account (N-A) was banned some time in like 2014. My second account that I created months ago did nothing of the sorts, but that's when I learned that I was permanently banned.

Please point me to any threads that I created on NP trying to get people banned:

If you're referring to the now-defunct N-A account and about 10 years ago as a staff member, yes, I did try to get 1 person banned. He was a real loser at the time, which is one disagreement that I had with CJ (the "secret" person behind NP), Paul, and Eric. Looks like he changed his ways and is not a participating member of the community there, bashing on Epik too.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
besides deleting the Alexa thread here.
And, I thought I had laid this one to rest. But, let me bury it once and for all.

Some misleading data stating that DNForum outranked NamePros was posted in another thread. I wanted to discuss the validity of Alexa data now, post-pandemic, vs. then, when it was first released as a lot of domainers relied on it. I wanted to, with my own time and money, test my hypothesis that the data collected today is more reliable than it was when first collected with toolbars because Alexa is owned by Amazon and Amazon had a surge of traffic as mom & pop stores closed. Therefore, I split that post from the original thread to create its own thread, or the notorious, "Alexa thread" as you call it.

I never checked the Alexa rankings for DNForum and NamePros before replying to the thread. That is my fault, and I will take full responsibility for it.

However, that doesn't take away the fact that the data being incorrect was irrelevant to the topic of Alexa data now is more complete or better than it was when it was only using toolbar collected data and not Amazon cookies.

I might do my comparison in the future, as I do find it interesting, but nobody found that interesting besides wanting to pile on that ALEXA SAYS NAMEPROS > DNFORUM, which was not the topic. So, I deleted it.

Can we lay the Alexa thread to rest now? For the love of God, please. You all like to drag such irrelevant issues on forever it's pathetic. Go do a crossword puzzle or something.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
What ever are you referring to here, dear?

My first account (N-A) was banned some time in like 2014. My second account that I created months ago did nothing of the sorts, but that's when I learned that I was permanently banned.

Please point me to any threads that I created on NP trying to get people banned:

If you're referring to the now-defunct N-A account and about 10 years ago as a staff member, yes, I did try to get 1 person banned. He was a real loser at the time, which is one disagreement that I had with CJ (the "secret" person behind NP), Paul, and Eric. Looks like he changed his ways and is not a participating member of the community there, bashing on Epik too.

[POLL] Start banning members​

"THE FACT IS @David Walker YOU HAVE COMPLAINED AND MAKE A BIG DEAL OF LITTLE THINGS!!

You complained about @Michael Ehrhardt, @KINGOF.TOP, @ Rami Stietieh and other members that you don't like; like me"

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also, you might want to post an introduction in our forum. While I disagree with you here, and won't ever drag you for making a mistake about Epik pricing forever as you hold such petty stuff against me, I would still like to see your blog do good, if you do blog or are a guest commentator elsewhere. Feel free to promote your blog here too.

[POLL] Start banning members​

Yes, in 2016 I wanted toxic members of NamePros banned. I felt it was up to the community after staff (CJ, Paul, and Eric) disagreed.

Toxic members have no place in a community as community members should only surround themselves with positivity. Toxicity creeps in and can destroy thriving communities. There were a lot of annoying members that pushed the line with the rules that were consolidated and created by me. That is why, now, I find that the 2 golden rules are rules that we will apply here; we do not need more than those two for discussions.

You're either a contributing member, or you're a toxic troll and don't belong here because the enjoyment of the forum for the whole goes down when all you do is bring negativity to every single thread. For as long as your toxicity about Epik can be contained to be on-topic, you'll be allowed to post. But, if it creeps into off-topic discussions such as "What color is the sky?" with a reply of "Epik sucks", you won't find yourself a member of DNForum too long either.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
Also, you might want to post an introduction in our forum. While I disagree with you here, and won't ever drag you for making a mistake about Epik pricing forever as you hold such petty stuff against me, I would still like to see your blog do good, if you do blog or are a guest commentator elsewhere. Feel free to promote your blog here too.

Yes, in 2016 I wanted toxic members of NamePros banned. I felt it was up to the community after staff (CJ, Paul, and Eric) disagreed.

Toxic members have no place in a community as community members should only surround themselves with positivity. Toxicity creeps in and can destroy thriving communities. There were a lot of annoying members that pushed the line with the rules that were consolidated and created by me. That is why, now, I find that the 2 golden rules are rules that we will apply here; we do not need more than those two for discussions.

You're either a contributing member, or you're a toxic troll and don't belong here because the enjoyment of the forum for the whole goes down when all you do is bring negativity to every single thread. For as long as your toxicity about Epik can be contained to be on-topic, you'll be allowed to post. But, if it creeps into off-topic discussions such as "What color is the sky?" with a reply of "Epik sucks", you won't find yourself a member of DNForum too long either.
So instead of putting them on Ignore, you wanted to ban them.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So instead of putting them on Ignore, you wanted to ban them.
Exactly. And what you're not mentioning here is that I was backed up.
1635918739840.png
Toxic members ruin thriving communities if you let them. That is why I created a POLL for members to decide, and not base it on (one) decision, as Eric did. I'd also like to note that Eric was a puppet account used by CJ and Paul to appear as if others were speaking. You can tell by the style of writing. Eric was a terminal Lance (E-3 in the Marines) with very little education above high-school at that time. If you go through his post history, you can see very blatant mistakes of writing errors to very meticilously well-crafted posts, like in this one.

I find it also humerous that you brought that thread up, @JennBlogger. It seems to me that NamePros is not community-run, while DNForum is. I think Rob's vision of this forum will make this place better. Instead of voting on it, closed.
1635918890400.png
Which really goes back on this opinion had here:
1635918959479.png
If NamePros was actually a neutral party, they would have let the vote go through and you would have seen us (well, not me at the time anymore) implement a rule where we could ban toxic members after being warned so often in every place of the forum.

I don't see how any of this is relevant 5 years later and in a topic about an Epik breach. I'll be moving this to a new thread.

Edit: Moved to here. Feel free to continue digging up posts by N-A done a decade ago to smear me here. This is now the "anti-amplify" thread. Please contain all insults of me here, unless it's a suggestion of something that I've implemented.

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Time sure does fly...

I don't recall being a member there in 2016 as that's when I was gone from domaining and pretty much everything else.

The date has to be wrong there? I don't remember being in my MBA cohort and a member of NamePros. I remember getting my undergrad and then speaking about waiting to get into my MBA course, which was to be like a year to two later... Odd, but the dates don't lie I suppose.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
Okay. Thanks!
Like I said, you just did it again. Condescending with the smiley. You're one of the biggest problems here, what are you going to do about that? It's poor hiring practices.

Rob - Do you like me
Potential Employees - yes
Rob - you're hired

How many of these people have you actually met? With all those millions, should have a weekend somewhere at some resort and fly them all in. Actually meet who is working for you.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like I said, you just did it again. Condescending with the smiley. You're one of the biggest problems here, what are you going to do about that? It's poor hiring practices.
Thanks for your feedback. I'll move this to the "official I hate amplify" thread as you really can't offer up anything else.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback. I'll move this to the "official I hate amplify" thread as you really can't offer up anything else.
Well of course. Very dramatic thread. Way to keep the place negative. Good job you're doing there.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like I said, you just did it again. Condescending with the smiley.
Moved ;)

That's all you have against DNF? Me? Are you sure it's not Epik too? And deep down it's just that you don't like change?
Way to keep the place negative.
Well, the negativity comes from you. I just move it to consolidate it here as it has nothing to do with the Epik breach.

I move it, you complain; I delete it, you cry censorship. Doesn't really seem like the problem is me.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
You're the admin. You run the place. You have 6 hour periods with zero posts. Where do you think the problem is? As I said, I respond to how you talk to me. If you feel I'm negative, look in the mirror, it's based of that person's posts.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks. So your only suggestion to improve is to increase activity.

I'll be sure to push this at the next Epik meeting. We should not go 6 hours without activity, especially with enough employees to contribute to the forum in a meaningful manner.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
Thanks. So your only suggestion to improve is to increase activity.

I'll be sure to push this at the next Epik meeting. We should not go 6 hours without activity, especially with enough employees to contribute to the forum in a meaningful manner.
Or find a new admin. You literally have a full on ban at NP and then look at what you're doing here. You're the common denominator. You ask for advice, people give it to you but you don't really listen. Like I said, good luck then. Ultimately, it's going to be on you.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

Anything else?

Steff

Level 2
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I am new here. But I get a very toxic vibe in this forum. Especially from you, @amplify. As someone with a DNForum.com Staff badge I'd expect more professional posts. Are you a moderator? Or just a staff member? Is there a difference between moderators and staff members?

I read somewhere else on DNF that this forum and Epik are separate entities, operating independently. I guess this is not the case.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
operating independently
They do operate independently.

As there's really nothing more to add here, I'm going to lock the thread. This will seemingly make it disappear from the forum, but will still be searchable/indexed and you can even share the link on NamePros (if allowed)! :)

If you have anything else against me, please report it directly to Rob for evaluation.

And as always, if you have any real suggestions to improve DNF, there's this forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators