Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

An open letter regarding Image Online Design Webtld

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To Chris Ambler, Image Online Design.

I am posting this here as your Forum does not seem to accept posts anymore, giving odd error messages, and I know some DNF members are also owners of dot-web names.

Dear Chris, I must agree with what Ray said in his long letter on your forum. I too assumed all along you were either the owner of IOD or at least the CEO or President. Had no idea you were merely a part time consultant and full time employee of Microsoft. I must agree with Ray saying that was somewhat misleading Chris.

As Ray said, if I knew the above I might not have spent all that money (many thousands of dollars) buying my many dot-web names as I would not have been so optimistic about web getting approved if I knew it was not a full time job of yours, merely a part time one doing consulting.

Also, you said this "...the fact that I put in, on average, 30-35 hours a week directing technical development, and doing a fair share of that work myself." If so, why all the stalling and non-response regarding step by step process of getting .web names resolving. With so many hrs spent a week on technical stuff it seems quite odd you could not get that issue resolved. Plus, how in the world could you spend all those hrs per week when it appears almost nothing was ever accomplished form a technical viewpoint or other progress too in other areas?

You said that website resolving could be done and many of us paid the $10 extra at time of registration to do that. However, after many emails to tech support (with not a single reply received) and posts too, we could not figure out how to do so as you refused to give detailed instructions.

I am weary of all of this and until now the almost total lack of communications from IOD. I ask the IOD's owners give opinions on the chances of .web ever getting approved and possible timetable involved. To me it seems very negative and many yrs in the future if at all. :sad:

P.S. Here is the thread -

http://forum.webtld.com/viewtopic.php?topic=185&forum=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom