Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Announcement re name pulled from auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
To all,

I would like to notify everyone that kareem.org is not for sale in the next live auction. It is listed, but I just sold it and did not realise that I could not retract it from the auction - I actually did try to, but gregr did his job by sticking to the rules which I had failed to read properly.

As I cannot be there, I will not be bidding, so please be aware that I am no longer the owner of kareem.org and cannot therefore give it to anyone who bids on it. If you are present at the auction please notify the others there.

I apologise for the inconvenience, but I did not realise the name could not be removed from auction.

Thankyou

***EDITED TO ENSURE NO BAD REFLECTION ON GREG AS THIS WAS NOT INTENDED***

Upvote 0

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Those that received a liberal arts degree from the Bill Clinton School of Situational Ethics raise your hands and remove your names from auction...all others..please conform to the rules.

They do serve a purpose and tend to lead towards order for the rest of the unenlightened folks like myself.

That said...thanks Tigga for letting us know of the potential conflict. We have all seen some members act with less honor in recent weeks.

Domain Summit 2024

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It will work itself out without a doubt. He has broken the rules (as they stand now) and I am all for the smooth and untroubled working of the auctions - otherwise, in the long run and without regulation, they would fail - but lets cut this guy a little slack here - he isn't trying to rip anyone off, he won't do this again, he has offered to take a loss (if needs be) because of his error - I see no need to read him the riot act.

parwold

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30

Get a grip Coolhost - this isn't Sothebys.

:D Rules is rules :D
Even sotherbys charge a withdrawal fee!unless they suspect some sort of fraud.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

I know what that feels like. :)

You are mistaken. You were not read the riot act, you were simply raked over the coals. :)

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
uh Larry ... I hope that's not too many lines in your Sig there. I'm not sure of what the rules are, but just want to save you from potentially breaking a board rule.

I'd check to make sure ....

Shaun

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
Thanks Ed30 - that about sums it up as I see it.

The only other option for me is to move heaven and earth to be there and make a $50,000 bid on it, which doesn't help anyone. I hope the community can accept my offer of replacement names (choice of rupees.org or vandamme.org) which I hope is in the spirit of this Forum.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tigga...You have handled this situation well. I think you have a made an honorable offer to try to offset bad feelings of people.

I really think you should be allowed to slide on this...This thread has made us all aware of things we should be reading more closely. So in a way your experience has helped us all. Not to mention...its not like your a repeat offendor..we all make mistakes...at least those of us that are human. ( some people will claim I am less than human...but what can I say :) )

I think all the bugs will be worked out ... lots of opportunity here ... just growing pains :D

no pennies left....

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
Thanks izoot - I hope others feel similarly and don't get upset - that's the last thing I wanted.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a smooth transaction with tigga for the DNF auction last week, very prompt transfer though it was only a $8 transaction.

I believe his intention is good trying to pull the name before the auction. For those reading this thread, do not bid on the name, please.

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Shaun,

Thanks for pointing that out. I believe Platinum allows 5 lines and 2 links. If that's not correct I'm sure gregr or a mod will set me straight at which time I will make the necessary adjustments!

Larry

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 888
I believe his intention is good trying to pull the name before the auction. For those reading this thread, do not bid on the name, please.

Agree! :rolleyes:
Good Luck.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Larry .. I was just funnin with ya. Besides, even if your were breaking a rule... what's the big deal ... right?

Shaun

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
To let everyone know what happened - ReignDomain won the auction (he hadn't seen this thread so didn't know) and after talking was very decent and agreed to void the sale.

Thx ReignDomain and to everyone else - I swear I will never do this again - it has been a huge pain in the a@#%.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BIG thumbs up to 'Tigga' for working hard in the chat room & auction tonight. He made the situation right - and did what was necessary. The rules are there for a reason - and there will be an occasional mistake made. It's always nice to see an honest person stand up - and handle their obligations without trying to cop out with a weak excuse.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'd like to commend Tigga as well! I was there both in chat AND at the very FUN, smooth, :cool: "Live Auction" ... and all's well that ends well. I'm glad I posted earlier and I'm glad I have the opportunity to post now.
Take care and Good Luck.
PS. Thanks to Reign, too ... and I thanked him in chat, as well. ;)

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30
It will work itself out without a doubt. /B]

I told you :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom