Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Another one !!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Type in traffic is good !! Over 2900 at Overture in May.

3 words : Flash Website Designs
4 words : Flash Web Site Designs

now that you've set up a counter on your domain, what is the type in traffic level?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by namedancer Actually I think I would prefer Overture to counter stats though. Once anything is put up as a site, other traffic factors come into play (search engines, bookmarks, links), distorting true type-ins. I wonder if there is a rough formula for translating Overture numbers to type-ins as a no-space-or-hyphen dotcom. It would probably stay true generally for one or two-word type-ins, dropping as you went to three-word, four-word, etc. On the other hand, one drawback of Overture is that singular and plurals are combined.

An excellent point, once a counter is up too many variables for traffic source come into play such as links and SE's. An interesting issue is the owner himself or his webmaster accessing the site zillions of times, frequently greatly inflating the traffic statistics. I know of names where much of the traffic arrived that way. This is especially so on low traffic websites.

Regarding a rough formula for translating Overture Suggestion Tool returns to type-ins. That is something I have also asked about several times without any ideas or feedback.

Surely someone here must have at least a very rough idea on an approx' ratio of Overture returns vs true type-in's. Even some educated guesses would be welcome as this issue is very important. especially since so many of us (myself included) believe Suggestion Tool returns are very important.

T

telugu

How does the name businessopportunity.biz sound to u realnames?it gets over 90k hits on overture.at the outset how does the name appeal to u.do u think anybody would pay big bucks for it?assuming biz name is 10% of a .com even then the
acutal appraised price we as domain speculators arrive at would
not sound appropriate to the buyer.i think the worth of the domain would be best judged by the requirement of the buyer and the emphirical tools like google and overture help us to decide what the lower limit is and to what price the domain wud
appreciate when the market improves.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>How does the name businessopportunity.biz sound to u realnames?

To me, it sucks BADLY.

But then again, nearly ANY .biz name sucks.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's a 4 worder... =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators