Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

other Any Alternatives To Flippa?

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.

ilya_leo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Flippa.com has become a bad place to trade websites and domains. They've banned me again but now they even don't provide me with any explanations. It happened first time about a year ago: they told they found some accounts which are suspected to be my clones. I never made any clones, the only my fault is purchasing and selling websites and domain names actively (more than $10K spent there). I was able to restore my account then. But now the support guy just says that "We find that business collaboration with you is not to our mutual benefit at this time." and other crap.

And all it happens while they have about 90% of their listings to be some turnkey junk being sold again and again.

I really don't want to create another account with them. I know that about 2 years ago there were no alternatives to Flippa but how about now? Maybe some good new marketplace services appeared out there? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Domain summit 2024

ilya_leo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks INFORG. Freemarket.com looks quite professional.

ashkenaz

Brooklynite in Exile
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depending on what you have to offer, I wouldn't overlook eBay out of hand. The listings are cluttered with embarrassingly awful domains at newbie wish fulfillment price points but, as a recent experience demonstrated, eBay has proven evenhandedly protective of seller and buyer interests. (My account was hacked, expensive photographic equipment put up for auction by someone in Russia posing as me, ostensibly returned and a refund demanded, etc., etc. eBay untangled the mess, held me harmless and protected by account from retaliatory feedback. Superb customer service!)

I'll be trying to sell some hobbyist unserious domains at eBay over the course of the next few weeks. If you'd like, I could post a follow-up on my eBay experience.

All best,
eBay store: Uncle Dovid's Attic

P.S. I recently registered the (not for sale) domain occupied.crimea.ua—the kind of protest only a domainer might appreciate.

ilya_leo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ashkenaz, thank you very much for your suggestions. I would appreciate if you post a follow-up about eBay experience.
And thanks for your support for occupied Crimea and Ukraine!

Theo, they already admitted being wrong when they banned me a year ago. It seemed that the following sequence led to the problem:
- I've bought several websites, each of them being listed on Flippa earlier. Some of them have been already sold on Flippa once or even twice.
- After some time I've listed those websites for sale.
- For some reason Flippa decided that my account is a clone of two accounts who listed those websites earlier.
A year ago I managed to restore my account status but this time my support requests don't work.

The sad thing is that I've been planning to list a quite expensive project for sale on Flippa and I'm concerned about presence of serious buyers on another marketplace services.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators