• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Any Chinese here? I have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. DeletedMr. Deleted is verified member.

DNForum Mod
DNF Moderator
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
4,465
Reaction score
732
A client of mine just bought XF.com and we are noticing a lot of Chinese traffic. Does XF have some special meaning in China? The name is getting up to 100 UV daily, and most is from Chinese

Language | Visitors
Chinese | 62
English | 14
Spanish | 1
French | 1
Romanian | 1

http://www.hittracking.com/template.php?a=xfdotcom
 
there is a http://xf.gov.cn/ users could be typing .com instead of .gov.cn

http://xf.cn/ goes there too, and I have seen other such "xf" sites, but was wondering if xf had any special meaning to them. Anyone from China here that they could explain the why "xf" is so special to the Chinese?
 
I think if you interpret the site you will understand. Looks like Xiang Fan. Don't know what that means, but I'll bet that's the source of your traffic.
 
I'm from China, I don't know what is XF means :)
 
I know Xiang Fan, a city of Hubei.

If you say Xiang Fan, I'll know you want to talk about a city.
But if you say xf, I don't what you want to say.
 
That gov't site is of Xiang Fan, a fair small but ancient city.
so, you never heard of Xiang Fan? And if you did, do they not referr to it as XF at times?
It is just a random initials of Pinyin, and it is not very specific that rings in our ears so it has many possible interpretations. But I assume the traffic is from another site. If the domain has never been owned by Chinese then possibly it is from XF.cn. You can check the visitor IP to find out. It is located at Hubei Province.
 
Researching this kind of traffic cost you more time (money) than is actual value of the traffic...
 
Well my client has a warehoue business, and we were just wondering where all the traffic is from. If it is from that site, then it is of little use to us, but atleast now we know.

Thanks for all your posts
 
I've got a few LLLL.com's with all the bad letters, you know, Q,X,Z,J etc and some of them get 25-35 uv a day from China and Japan

Crappy CTR though so I direct them to my sales site hoping that some of those type-ins are people wanting to buy that domain.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom