• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Any DNF members going to Las Vegas Pubcon Nov 2006??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
2,909
Reaction score
91
I'll be there again, my 3rd time attending. I just did the research and Saraha has the best rates, about $40/night booked via Vegas.com. It's about a 20 minute walk to the Convention Center, but the weather's great in November. I also just booked a front-row center seat for The Blue Man Group for the Monday night before the conference. There are great seats available booking this early.

Pubcon.com has the details. I have no connection to the organizers except a happy customer/attendee going for the 3rd time. There are generally about 1,000+ domainers, SEO folks, PPC and affiliate program folks -- the biggest event in the industry. I attended TRAFFIC this year but Pubcon had more material relative to my business.

I'll also be hiking Zion and Bryce (in nearby Utah) either before or after the conference.

Any other DNF people attending?
 
I'll be there, really looking forward to it.
 
Just JP and I? Anyone else headed out?
 
Not much response as not many domainers and resellers go to events like that but a lot of members of non-specific domain forums such as webmasterworld go.
 
JP, I've never been. Is this similar to traffic or a completely different thing targetted towards SEO? I was thinking of going, I guess i have a day left to buy my ticket for $599 or so.
 
I've been to TRAFFIC once (Feb 2006) and I've been to the last 2 Pubcons in Las Vegas. Both are VERY well organized, had good material, and a lot of fun.

Pubcon gets about 1,500 people (my estimate), most attendees are familiar with the domain industry and are in the process of building web sites with original content and/or PPC sites. The biggest focus is SEO and developing business relationships with affiliates and content providers. All the major PPC companies are there, as well as Moniker.com. Total cost of attending is under $1,000 since rooms in Vegas are cheap.

TRAFFIC is about 300 people, narrowly focused on reselling UNDEVELOPED domain names and PPC income. The big names from the newsmaking sales are there, and of course they are interesting people. Cost of attending will generally be over $2,000 with a higher registration fee and usually it's held in places with expensive hotel rooms.

If you've got lots of domains with TYPE IN traffic and/or you've got a very high profile domain to sell, "Traffic" is your best choice.

If you're buying domains for eventual development, need to BUILD traffic, concerned about SEO issues, want to talk to PPC and lead generating companies, Pubcon is a better choice.

If you've got a limited budget or can only do one show, I think Pubcon is the best bang for your buck.
 
From what I can tell, this show is becoming more and more “mainstream / high level” – ie, not just for webmasters anymore. My company is sending me, and the speaker list includes John Battelle, Danny Sullivan and Guy Kawasaki. Google and Yahoo are both heavily involved. I’m really looking forward to it.
 
Yes, I should have mentioned that both Google and Yahoo have always had booths, speakers, and a lot of people there. John Berryhill and Matt Cutts were speakers last year. I even met Phillip Kaplan there (fu*kedcompany.com) representing Adbright.com.

Last year I was a guest on Monte (Moniker.com) Cahn's radio program from there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom