Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Any FREE transfer registrars out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's the deal;

I have a whole bunch of lame and mediocre puppies (I was high that night:) at my current registrar, which I would like to transfer to an "easy push" registrar, but without having to pay any more time.

Is there any reputable "no hassle" registrar (like Enom) out there which will let me do this?

I've tried Daddy & Enom, but they both want to add another year, which I explicitely don't need/want.

Hope I am clear.

Thanks.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
elusive_kudo said:
Here's the deal;

I have a whole bunch of lame and mediocre puppies (I was high that night:) at my current registrar, which I would like to transfer to an "easy push" registrar, but without having to pay any more time.
First off- stop buying domains when you are high, unless of course you are buying them from ME!!! :-D

Sencondly- with the exception of a "promotional" by the Evil Empire (Network Solutions) every registrar I've seen requires one full year of registration with a transfer. What you are really paying for is not so much the transfer as the reg.

I hope this helps!
WebCat :)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For 795 DNF, you can register a new name here at DnForum.com. Unfortunately, the "transfer" option does not function, or else you would have had a nice solution.

~ Nexus

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even though the evil empire is still so very evil, I transf'd about 70 names there, saved my some money, and most were about to expire. Their loss is my gain. I am not going to reg any new names with them, not for 20 bucks a piece, I can get new regs for six buck from my 1and1 hosting account (which was also free) :)

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its a registry requirement that inter-registrar transfers add a year (at least on com net and org, pretty sure it applies on biz info and us too).

Sorry, but there's no getting around it.

As for the "free" netsol xfers, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't go back unless they were giving out 3+ yrs per domain.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I belive some resellers are offering this as well (enom resellers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom