Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Anybody received spam from Protrada ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got this yesterday:

How easy was it buying "########.com"?

Hopefully it was a snack. Personally, though, I sometimes find buying or selling domains in the aftermarket can be a pain in the neck. Have you ever had the frustration of:

Getting outbid at the last minute in an auction?
Having to flick in and out of multiple buying platforms?
Not having easy access to stats to guide you on what a domain is worth?
Being away from your computer when auctions are closing?

Good news: if you're planning to buy or sell any more domains, there's a great new tool just released - called Protrada - that makes it a lot more fun - and a heck of a lot easier - for you to identify, evaluate and secure great domains at great prices.

A lot of people are raving about Protrada:

Domain Name Wire calls it "a killer application"
Domaining site Fragerfactor heralds Protrada as "one of the industry's most significant inventions of 2011"
DN Journal said "you will save prodigious amounts of time" with Protrada
And domain industry guru Morgan Linton calls Protrada "a game changer", because it "automates a ton of things that many domainers have done manually, well, forever."

In short, Protrada is a domain trading platform that helps you spot bargains, snap up great domain names (from all the major aftermarket platforms, like Sedo and Afternic and GoDaddy) and save a truckload of time. And with our mobile app, you can even trade on the run - on the bus or subway, at a cafe, anywhere - in real time.

I'm sure you're busy, but if you're ready for some fun, I hope you'll take a quick look...

Regards

Troy Rushton

Founder

Not interested? To opt out just unsubscribe here.
There's an optout link but has there been an optin in the first place ? I can't remember having had any interaction with them.
The E-mail was sent to an address that is normally used for whois records only, and the domain in question above (cleared) is a recent acquisition through Namejet (it's a prerelease at Directnic).

If this is what I think, it is sad to see yet another industry player resorting to spam.

Domain summit 2024

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I got one but had no idea what, who, or where this originated from.

I did not even know what Prodata is and then see it in a banner here.

Spam on the forum is getting ridiculous. And the spam originating from simply being a member of the forum is crazy.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Correct. Apologies!

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did a raw text copy/paste.

I believe the affiliate links are set by the forum when you post those keywords.
Must be Adam's.

In fact there are no hyperlinks for these keywords in the original mail.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's automatically set by DNF. Ex. here > Sedo
I did a raw text copy/paste.

I believe the affiliate links are set by the forum when you post those keywords.
Must be Adam's.

In fact there are no hyperlinks for these keywords in the original mail.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
At least their copy is clean :D

Protrada

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guys,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We have been using a purchased list we were lead to believe was from a reputable source. Even after testing and reviewing the results we were satisfied this was the case .

Protecting our young brand is of paramount importance to us. While we have been trying numerous marketing initiatives, spamming our target market is not something we wanted to do.

Apologies to those who have received the above email or a version thereof.

Regards,
Troy Rushton
Founder & CEO.

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Care to name the source ? You can PM me if you would like.
I am subscribed to a number of sites, but I do not expect that my details be shared unless mentioned otherwise.
I just don't know where and when I did 'opt in'.

Why does the mail include a domain name that we recently acquired ? I really thought the E-mail address was harvested from the whois record.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While having an option to opt out may make it legal, anyone sending unsolicited email, particularity from a purchased list, is a spammer in my book. I give credit for you coming to the forum to explain your actions, but you might consider other methods of promoting your product. The odds are good that most experienced domainers won't even look at the email in the first place. One place to start would be with a strategically placed banner ad on this forum. (plug for Adam). If your product/service is that good, the quality will speak for itself by word of mouth, and the sales will roll in.

Edit: Just noticed that you already beat me to it. I see the banner up there.. :)

Last edited:

Protrada

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi again, will PM you for more info.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Hi South,
Thanx for the feedback and glad you saw our banner. We’ve been advertising on DNForum for only a couple of weeks and it’s working well! If you click through I think you’ll like what you see…

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We’ve been advertising on DNForum for only a couple of weeks and it’s working well!

can i please see the list of keywords and domain names, that your customers have been searching for?

:)

and how bout a little background info... who you are, where you came from and what's unique about your service.

BTW: any discounts for dnf members

:rolleyes:

Thanks

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and how bout a little background info... who you are, where you came from and what's unique about your service.

Also curious about this.

Have to say, you're going all out on the promotion. Just got an email from my godaddy rep, and I see protrada being pushed there as well.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why do I have to enter my credit card info for a "FREE" account?

Protrada

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why do I have to enter my credit card info for a "FREE" account?

Thank you for your question. Entering a valid credit card is the best way to prevent fraud. On the new Protrada Lite Plan (which costs $0/month) you will be charged a one off $1 anti fraud fee. We take fraud prevention very seriously and aim to prevent fake accounts so our members are protected against dummy bids. The Protrada Lite Plan also includes 10 free credits to use for building websites or listing domains for sale.

Regards,
Team Protrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators