• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

anyone backorder a .edu before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybuzz

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 1, 2006
Messages
564
Reaction score
1
Can you actually backorder a .edu?
 
i doubt it, its hard enough to register one to begin with.
 
i doubt you would need to b/o it, like stated above its hard enough to reg one, just find someone who can reg a .edu wait for the deletion and have them reg it.
 
I doubt schools would even allow .edu's to expire
 
I believe someone on here was offering an expired .edu for X,XXX or XX,XXX a couple of weeks back. They did not disclose the school name but you would have to assume the school was no longer operational.

Like JDK said, I can not imagine a school would let the .edu expire. If one did expire and some grabbed it, I would think it would be an pretty straightforward UDPR.
 
no. Why order .edu?
 
I doubt backorders are even possible. I would suspect that the applications are vetted by a human being, therefore not fully automated.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom