• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Anyone fluent in French ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

picassofacepicassoface is verified member.

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Messages
9,718
Reaction score
85
Bonjour my French speaking friends. I bought a word and was hoping someone could tell me what it means or give me the essence of the word...

Poutou

I looked it up on google and it appears to be a french slang word dealing with affection of some sort.... Can you tell me what it means ? Merci !!!
 
Checked with my French friend:
Poutou is a not common word for "darling".

There you go my "poutou".
 
I think Salop is the word for darling in some regions.

least thats what my wife calls me.

*note, french speakers... shhhhhh *
 
poutou means kiss AFAIK
"faire un poutou a quelqu'un" => to kiss somebody
 
LeeRyder said:
I think Salop is the word for darling in some regions.

least thats what my wife calls me.

*note, french speakers... shhhhhh *

You should stop the crack pipe.

back to topic : sds is right, it means "kiss" in slung (not really used anymore)
 
Krooga is from France. May be he can be of help to you
 
interesting to know that the french word for darling is "poutou" which means kiss:D
 
Colbert said:
You should stop the crack pipe.

back to topic : sds is right, it means "kiss" in slung (not really used anymore)
It must not be used anymore... because I have never herd the word in my life. Funny, is it Quebec french? My France french reletives use bissou (think that is how its spelt) for kiss.
 
picassoface said:
Thanks :) Back in french class, I learned the phrase " Mon petit chou " which i think meant darling too....

I speak french.

'Mon petit chou' directly translated means 'my little cabbage' but it is supposed to be endearing when said. ;)

-=DCG=-
 
picassoface said:
Colbert, what would you think Poutou.com is possibly worth ?

low $$ imo
good luck
 
Yes Colbert I don't think Poutou.com is worth that much. Even bisou.com would not be worth a fortune IMHO.
Perhaps it could fit for a dating site but I would try something else (even longer)....
 
Hi, I was born in french speaking Switzerland, and have lived in France for the last 6 years, and have never heard the word "Poutou". "Salop", "Chou" and "Bissou" are all common slang words, but not "Poutou" I think... Sorry!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom