• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Anyone have BOTH business AND personal paypal accounts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tekz999
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

Guest
I want to get myself a new personal account other than the current business account I have. So there I go, reading the paypal help page, and found this:

Q: Can I have a PayPal Personal and a Premier/Business Account?
A: PayPal allows members to have one Personal account and one Premier or Business account. However, each account must contain an unique email address, bank account and credit card.


Does that mean I need to have a different email, different bank account number, and different credit card number for personal account? OR just the email needs to be different, with bank account and credit card number be the same as my business account?
 
I have both types of account and have a different email, bank account and credit card for both, so I think the answer is yes you do need all that separate, but then my business cards have business names on them, so they are completely different to my personal anywhy..
 
tekz999 said:
I want to get myself a new personal account other than the current business account I have. So there I go, reading the paypal help page, and found this:

Q: Can I have a PayPal Personal and a Premier/Business Account?
A: PayPal allows members to have one Personal account and one Premier or Business account. However, each account must contain an unique email address, bank account and credit card.


Does that mean I need to have a different email, different bank account number, and different credit card number for personal account? OR just the email needs to be different, with bank account and credit card number be the same as my business account?

Yes you are required to have a unique email address/bank account/credit card filed for your personal account. Paypal does not permit you use the same bank account/credit card details in multiple accounts.

The only essential requirements are a different email address and bank account so you can send/receive payments, and withdraw funds to your bank account. The drawback with personal accounts is that you can't receive credit card funded payments.
 
You can send money for free from your business account to your personal account and only withdraw from the personal
That way you won't need a bank account in your business account , (unless you need to fund it)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom