Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Anyone uses Fatcow Hosting? Need advice..

hotspur

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am currently using Fatcow Hosting but utilization is very low (2 websites , 1-2 pages content). I have less than a year of contract left and am going towards building more sites with content.

Thus I would like to ask:

• Should I continue with Fatcow? If yes, any idea if the renewal fee will be cheaper or same as what was initially paid (I think is 4 bucks/month)
  • Other alternative and cheap hosting that allows unlimited domains? (I have no preference on location of servers; just hope for prompt response should things go awry.)

Thanks.

Domain summit 2024

hotspur

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation; I am also seeking views of those who have used Fatcow before also...

Hostgator seems to be the most popular choice based on alot of forum reviews. I do not trust those website reviews cos they might be affiliates so getting honest reviews in Forum(reputable like dnforum) is still the best.

BODHost

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can continue with them if you aren't facing any trouble with services...I think renewal fee should be similar as what was you initially paid (as you are existing client)...

If you are looking for an alternative then I can only say; contact web host directly through Live chat or phone to check what exactly they are offering at $4.00 ...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Had FatCow a grand total of two days.

cPanel very screwy. All their tutorial videos were terrible outdated showing old dashboard and applications that were not even current.

Stay away from Lunar Pages. Client's site off line for xx days but took them 6 days to answer emails and restore site.

Trying out Host Clear. Like them thus far.

Sapphiro

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought a fatcow hosting package 2 years ago and then stopped using it 1 month later after discovering that they don't support cronjob so you can't build anything advance on that.

Not sure about the renewal fee, but from what I think, it might be a better choice for you to change to justhost or ipage, or try the local sg's alphaelite.com.sg (my online friend's company). Good uptime as well and you might be able to negotiate to $4sgd/month or something, this one you need to check with him. :)

hotspur

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the input.

Bro Sapphiro, will take a look at the URL link you provided. Thanks.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are happy with fatcow hosting so then don't change it , but if you are having any problem with their hosting services so then you should go to hostgator because it provides the best services.

nodws

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've seen no problem with medium-high traffic sites hosted at fatcow (even during high peek)

Also I've used Lunarpages for 6 years, no down time at all.

as a note, stay away from godaddy hosting.

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a client who used fatcow hosting, and after helping him setup some websites, I told him to milk the cow and catch a hostgator. PM me if you need a coupon.

infinite

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had FatCow for a few low-traffic sites here and there. Just started upgrading them to WebHostWith.us budget VPS plans for the sites/projects as needed. Working out really well so far.

technogreen

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would say, stay away from them.. Also I am kinda afraid of getting unlimited

Julie DAC

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am currently using Fatcow Hosting but utilization is very low (2 websites , 1-2 pages content). I have less than a year of contract left and am going towards building more sites with content.

Thanks.

Hi, I haven't used FatCow before, but if you mention that it is already slow and you're looking to add more sites with content, I would suggest you get their support to check why it's slow maybe you need more resources and you can upgrade to a higher plan if you're happy with their services.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators