• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: Burundi.com - A Country Name

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

syed

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Domain Name: Burundi.com - A Country Name

Message:
Appreciate your appraisals in advance.

Burundi.com - An African Country

175,000,000 results in Google

GPD: 4.4 Billion

More Info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burundi


It might be a stupid question to ask but is it by any chance risky to own country domains (with .COM)?
 
If Malta.com has been selled for 500.000, this has also a great value....I think at least 100.000...
 
nice name
as far as country names.com are concerned you don't have to worry about anything, as only country names.info are reserved by icann for a country, so you are OK.
good luck
 
Thanks for the appraisals!

need just couple of more appraisals :)
 
Burundi is a poor African Country so I won`t be too much generous at the moment I would not see many buyers over 50 K but with time everything will get better in Africa too.
Malta was sold for 250 K not 500 K.
 
yea, Burundi is not a rich country as are many other African countries but I believe that there are rich people living there too. plus things might be slowly improving in Africa though not so obvious. I think it is a worthwhile investment for you that you should not regret for buying. Good luck.
 
Burundi is not a tourism destination like Malta. I'd say mid XX,XXX.
 
One thing is for sure.. I ll have to sit on it like one patient hen on an egg.

Thanks for the appraisal guys.

Anyone else?
 
we shall see it :D
Good luck!

syed

do you own the domain - Burundi.com ?
 
A very good domain with lot's of potential. You would imagine the gov. would want to buy it for tourism potential. I haven't looked at the atlas. (i guess you have). I noticed malta.com went for 250k myself. Malta is very nice, but very small & has nothing but tourism. I am guessing Burundi is big. There are no small countries in Africa. On this basis it has to be worth more. If I had a domain this good I would list it with sedo & then start doing legwork by writing to Burundi High Commission etc It is too dodgy to take payment without a big broker.
Good Luck
nb: The only downside is how often African countries war & change names, offload for a good price!
 
guy0102: "The only downside is how often African countries war & change names"

Thanks for pointing that out. Didnt think of it before!


Playpics: "Do you own the domain"

I am in the process of. Havent made the payment yet.



More appraisals appreciated :)
 
Just asking. I have looked at the whois documentation on this website. I see following lines.

EPP Status: clientDeleteProhibited
EPP Status: clientTransferProhibited
EPP Status: clientUpdateProhibited

What does this mean?
 
i would say 25K would be the right price.
 
syed said:
It might be a stupid question to ask but is it by any chance risky to own country domains (with .COM)?

Governments do try to take domain names like this away from people, but the usually (always?) have failed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom