• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: GhaziabadIndia.com (Ghaziabad, India)

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
8,011
Reaction score
58
Domain Name: GhaziabadIndia.com (Ghaziabad, India)


GhaziabadIndia.com
(Ghaziabad, India)

Population: 12.6 million (2001)


Named one of NEWSWEEKs top 10 most dynamic cities in the world on July 9th, 2006.

Google returns 48,000 returns for "Ghaziabad India"

Ghaziabad is a growing industrial city. Its population having increased from 5,81,886 (in 1901) to 27,03,933 (in 1991) mainly on account of its rapid industrilization and its proximity to Delhi. A large number of persons reside here but carry on their trades in Delhi or are employed there.

In the last twenty years Ghaziabad has expanded more than any other city. Before the formation of Ghaziabad district on 14th November 1976 it was a town of tehsil status of district Meerut but after it became a district it developed very fast and its population too increased in that proportation.

According to the 1991 census, total population of Ghaziabad district was 22,47,434, out of which 4,83,630 people are of schduled caste and 149 are of schduled tribe. There were 15,30,081 males and 12,05,397 females. Off all 9,40,469 people lived in villages and 18,55,009 people lived in the urban areas.

According to the 1991 census there were 9,80,938 literate people in the district out of which 6,62,402 were males and 3,18,536 females. Glancing at the urban population and comparing it with the previous census of the district, it is clear that the rural population has decreased considerably. It seems rapid establishment of new industrial institutions were the main reason for it.

Thanks to skyrocketing real-estate prices in the capital, Ghaziabad is emerging as the next popular address for Delhi-bound commuters. In residential pockets on the outskirts like Indirapuram, posh new developments are sold out. The largest developer, Shipra Estate Ltd., has built 7,000 two-, three- and four-bedroom flats, all of which are already occupied, says Vijay Sundar Raj, manager of sales and marketing. Many of the residents commute to IT jobs in neighboring Noida and Delhi.
Strategically located on the old Grand Trunk Road from Bangladesh to Afghanistan, Ghaziabad was targeted by the state for industrial development in the 1980s.

Today the city is home to more than 14,000 small-scale industrial units and larger plants run by giants like Coca-Cola and the International Tobacco Co., which still provide most of the jobs in Ghaziabad proper. For all the new luxury high rises, Ghaziabad today is one of the most heavily industrialized cities in Uttar Pradesh.

REF:
Wikipedia.org
 
I doubt you will be able to sell it here ... try a desi site ...
 
nikaksa said:
I doubt you will be able to sell it here ... try a desi site ...

This thread is for appraisals...also, I never said that I was going to sell it here. I have a vast database of end users/clients which I have amassed throughout the years.
 
I doubt if someone will buy it. I have pure Indian City domains like Patiala.com, Bathinda.com , Colaba.com , Dungarpur.com , Kurla.com and many more.

The CityNameIndia.com domains for 4 out of above 5 are unregistered.

URLtrader
 
because it has the "india" after the city name its really only useful for non-Indians... but there is virtually no tourism in that city which makes it not very useful..same with China btw, they have cities with 10+ million people nobody outside of China has even heard of...low $xx
 
Despite all the news, Ghaziabad is nowhere near being even one of India's better cities. No tourism, that hurts. If you have the time, then you can try developing a city portal out of it like lucknowcity.com
 
Thanks for all the appraisals. I've had multiple replies from Indian Companies in the private sector on this domain..again, thanks.
 
godfrey90sf said:
Thanks for all the appraisals. I've had multiple replies from Indian Companies in the private sector on this domain..again, thanks.

Take the cash without delay. Goodluck.

URLtrader
 
I'm considering multiple offers at this time...Dont worry URLtrader, I've been in this game for awhile..I know what I'm doing.
 
The hardest to spell domain I have ever seen! LOL! Get the money and get out! Good Luck!
 
well..if you lived in India those guys would know that your city there has 2.7 million people, not 27 million..but that is a mistake or typo on whoever put that in there..if you would have actually read the whole page you pasted in there you should have read in the first paragraph that they repeat the real number which is 2.7 million....that is not unusual for a city to have that many people in India, those guys have about 5 times as many people as the US..
 
domainah said:
well..if you lived in India those guys would know that your city there has 2.7 million people, not 27 million..but that is a mistake or typo on whoever put that in there..if you would have actually read the whole page you pasted in there you should have read in the first paragraph that they repeat the real number which is 2.7 million....that is not unusual for a city to have that many people in India, those guys have about 5 times as many people as the US..


Thanks. I have updated the population, which is 12.6 million in 2001. Thanks again.
 
godfrey90sf said:
I'm considering multiple offers at this time...Dont worry URLtrader, I've been in this game for awhile..I know what I'm doing.

In that case, at this moment in time, it's worth exactly what your highest offer is

Jas
 
godfrey90sf said:
Don't you think that NEWSWEEK would know the population of a city which they named one of the most 10 dynamic cities in the world? I would think that maybe they did just a bit more research than you...just maybe.
did you read it?...they say that NEW DEHLI has that population, Not Ghaziabad, which is a suburb of New DEHLI...read the article...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13528949/site/newsweek/page/8/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom