• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: magazines.ca

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmacdon

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2004
Messages
647
Reaction score
18
Domain Name: magazines.ca

Message:
Hi Everybody, Let me know your thoughts on magazines.ca
Thanks,
Rob
 
I really like it. Publication.ca went for just over $1600 recently, and I personally think magazines is a much better keyword.

But, Google shows:

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,050,000,000 for Publication

and

Results 1 - 10 of about 438,000,000 for magazines

BUT OVT shows:

Searches done in May 2006
Count Search Term
312207 people magazine
226235 magazine
98546 newspaper magazine
90862 magazine subscription
76501 ls magazine
73788 entertainment magazine
65128 playboy magazine
64847 star magazine
61114 maxim magazine
46728 time magazine
36567 stuff magazine

... plus a ton more...

and

Searches done in May 2006
Count Search Term
3610 irs form and publication
3367 publication
3104 book publication
2334 reiman publication
2093 entertainment publication
2048 dover publication
1800 triple crown publication
... plus a ton more...

So I would say magazines.ca should be worth mid-high $x,xxx
 
Thanks for the appraisal - Just thought I would mention that it gets a few hundred type ins per month as well.
 
I really like the name. Very pure, focused. Ideally would make a top portal for online subscriptions like the magazine subscriptions we sold door to door as kids. I'm not well versed in .ca, but obviously a prime extension paired with an excellent keyword. I would have to have at least $XX,XXX and would not sell for less. Time is on your side. No hurry.
 
I like the name, very targetted name with a high potential market.

Good luck.
 
Obviously the keyword is good and well-focused.
The name would be very good for a magazine subscription site or for a publication company.
By the way an added strength of the domain is that it is OK in both English and French.
I think the proper value for that name is in the low- to mid-$$$$ range.
 
Yes - Nice .CA Name Rob

Premium Keyword name for the Canadian market which is full of Net Savvy Surfers and Buyers.

Some Development (Ex: Canadian Subscription Site, good SEO and some Marketing, maybe even add a Forum, both in Eng & Fr) would do well to increase value and profile of the Name imo, bringing it into the $XX,xxx Range.

If you go with the 'time is on my side' theory, then obviously the value will only go up from there - then with further development utilizing the advantagous ability to create provincal sub-domains/sites (ex: Magazines.BC.ca), you can gain greater regional niche markets - essentially giving yourself a dozen domains in 1.

Best Success in ALL Your Endeavours!
 
A great commercial keyword in .ca, with type ins to boot.

Potential for a nice magazine directory site, one page for each subject - business, investing, sports, car & truck, health, fashion, etc. All of which should have some nice paying keywords.

Judging by this year's .ca sales, I'd say anywhere from $10,000 to $30,000. Develop it yourself while waiting for an enduser who will pay you what it's worth.
 
$5,000-$7,500 reseller...

Very brandable and very possible you could get a huge amount from an enduser - great name!
 
Thanks folks - Looks like the range on this one is 1K to 30K. Any other thoughts?
Rob
 
Absolutely worthless:bounce:

But to keep you from being too disappointed I'll offer you $100 beer money for it:peace:

PM me if you'd like to sell it. (seriously)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom