• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: racingcarforum.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoOwners

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
656
Reaction score
33
Domain Name: racingcarforum.com

Message:
racingcarforum.com


racingcar.com $18000 sept 05
carforum.com $15750 aug 05


please appraise...thank you
__________________
 
..the one you want is "racecarforum"..maybe you could get low $xxx for this one but not sure
 
mocus...yes and no...Racecar is better than racingcar but yet racingcar.com sold for $18k
 
It's a $50-250 domain.

It's 3 words, there are better words to use, and I don't see you selling this for very much.
 
labrocca said:
It's a $50-250 domain.

It's 3 words, there are better words to use, and I don't see you selling this for very much.

I would tend to agree with that appraisal
 
Would appraise at high xxx to low xxxx, cars are very popular and the name seems to hit the niche (I would have thought 'racing car' was used more than 'race car').
 
Yes, I'd think this could go for mid $xxx +
 
I don't think because, eBayerForum.com still $xxx on Sedo
 
amma...I'm not sure how ebayerforum compares...
 
well..if someone is really a fan of racing, usually they would focus on one type, such as nascar, F1, etc and incorporate that into the name.. I know racingcar sold for 18K, but that doesn't mean anything realated to it should be worth more automatically, racingcar is a good domain, but I don't think its worth 18K either, looks more like the buyer really wanted it for some reason..the name is pretty long too and I think the plural of this domain is still available, so I think the above estimate of $50-250 is pretty good, if at all I would say its at the low end of it...
 
I don't think anybody calls them "Racing cars.." Race car is MUCH more common. I think RacingCar.com was an overpriced buy for $18k personally. Even assuming that price was fair, the fact that there are three words in it make it worth much less.

I'd say up to $1,000 but no more than that.
 
I agree - having the verb form as the first word in this 3 word domain hurts it a fair bit. I also think that 18K for racingcar.com is a bit on the high side...

$xxx (very low) for reseller, ... it would have to be developped to prove it's value.

Rob
 
When i say it, it doesn't really sound too good.

No more than $200 imo
 
dentalpro said:
just added...

Racecarsforum.com

the fact that even after this whole discussion this domain was still available until just now should be enough of an indication that the value of both domains is in the low $xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom