Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Appraisal Request: mynewgrill.com

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

TwentyOnePilots

Level 1
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently bought this domain on godaddy: mynewgrill.com

do you think I can make at least $ 500?

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I dont think so. Seems to be mostly hobby oriented?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

depends on what you do with it

it you make a website and try to sell grills, whether they be bbq grills or front-end grills for cars or fake teeth grills...maybe you might make some $

but on reseller market, i'd say it's reg fee name.

imo...

TwentyOnePilots

Level 1
Reaction score
I had this idea yesterday while I was looking gas grills on amazon

they sell a lot in this period

My idea is to sell the domain to those who already have a business in this market niche, but i know is not that simple...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My idea is to sell the domain to those who already have a business in this market niche, but i know is not that simple...

no, it is not that simple

as those already in the business, may be happy with whatever domain they are currently using.

if your domain doesn't have existing traffic for people looking to buy grills, then how would it be an asset to them?

imo...

TwentyOnePilots

Level 1
Reaction score
I agree with this talk,

but creating a site from scratch and rank it on google can take several months and a lot of work, for this reason it would not make sense to work so much to get a few hundred dollars

My goal was to only resell the domain name at low price and earn some money right away,

The domain name seems to me pretty interesting

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with this talk,

but creating a site from scratch and rank it on google can take several months and a lot of work, for this reason it would not make sense to work so much to get a few hundred dollars

My goal was to only resell the domain name at low price and earn some money right away,

The domain name seems to me pretty interesting

creating a site takes work for sure, but you only get out of it, what you put in to it.
and you are only seeing the few hundred dollars it might generate.
(btw: I once created a mini-site and had it ranked in less than 2 weeks > https://www.dnforum.com/threads/just-launched-reusableconstructionmaterials-com.412038/

however, it seems you haven't considered, that such a site could generate a few hundred $ every month and you would still own it!

as such, with this domain, you had a thought, while browing amazon

but you only thought about how you liked the name, and how it seem so interesting to you.
so, you registered it and figured you could sell it to somebody else already in the business.

you didn't think about whether it would make sense for a buyer to purchase it, especially since they could have got it before you.

quick flip thoughts, often lead to quick losses of cash.

imo….

Last edited:

TwentyOnePilots

Level 1
Reaction score
I registered this domain for 12 euros (i'm italian) and based on some similar domains sold for good figures (mynewfloor .com 2250 $, mynewgarden .com 1000 $) I thought I would sell it at least $ 500...

I have several niche sites based on Amazon affiliate program and Ebay partner network with which I earn good figure but nowadays google is saturated and rank a site becomes a nerve-wracking job...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe you can "redirect" the domain to one of your affiliate sites and monetize it that way

imo...

Reaction score
I registered this domain for 12 euros (i'm italian) and based on some similar domains sold for good figures (mynewfloor .com 2250 $, mynewgarden .com 1000 $) I thought I would sell it at least $ 500...

I have several niche sites based on Amazon affiliate program and Ebay partner network with which I earn good figure but nowadays google is saturated and rank a site becomes a nerve-wracking job...

Why would someone buy your domain? Being a 3 word domain the whole value will come from development and (potential) earnings. Does it have any? If not nobody is going to pay more than registration fee for a domain, already available, that they would have to spend the exact same time and money developing and branding. Taking your examples - floor is not grills... gardens are not grills... therefore why would you think those sales have any bearing at all on the value of your domain? Also mynewarmchair.com and mynewhamster.com are available as we speak. Are they also worth $500+ according to your own logic?

TwentyOnePilots

Level 1
Reaction score
I agree with all of you and I understand that this domain is nothing special,

I will try to rank it on google for query like "best gas grills" or "cheap gas grills", then I will insert some affiliate links and I will try to earn something...

But what I want to really now, is if is possible to sell a domain that not necessarily including a well-launched site...

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It sounds more like a name that a guy goes to this site to brag about his new grill he just got, which could be a way to get testimonials for a type of grills, and you could link to those grills on Amazon with their affiliate program, but it would not be a name I would use to promote a grill directly.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom