Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise APPRAISAL REQUEST: ThemedMusic.com

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

MrMDMF

Level 1
Reaction score
This has to be my all time favourite domain thus far, how could anyone let this little guy expire?
Anyway, please appraise ThemedMusic.com

Cheers,
-M

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

MrMDMF

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi

unless it has any residual traffic, then it's reg fee name
once used as website https://web.archive.org/web/20110202210242/http://www.themedmusic.com/
then hd picked it up for a while, then dropped it

imo....

Hey Biggie, appreciate the insight as always :)

Could you tell me a little more about residual traffic?
Also, I get most of my domains from expireddomains.net. So I know they've been dropped... Does this always devalue them? I only ask because I had a recent appraisal for ErrorMargin.com which was mid 4 figures, that had also come from ED.net. Just want to make sure I'm on the right track with my purchases

All the best,
-M

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

residual traffic represents the visitors who are still looking for that site on the internet
that residual traffic, can be type-in traffic or from existing links on other websites.

not all dropped domains are the same -
nor do they all get dropped, for same reasons.

some domains had value, before they dropped.
some domains never had value, when they dropped
some domains that didn't have value, when they dropped, but may have value in the future.
some domains used to have value when they dropped, but later their value dropped.
some domains never had a chance, but people kept renewing year, after year, until they got tired......so now it looks like an "aged" domain.

also, looking thru dropped domains, is like looking in the trash can
because the better names have been caught thru backorders.

sure, one mans trash, is another's gold.... but you got to have keen eye when picking thru pigeon turds.
and you don't learn or acquire it overnight

therein lies, where to look for value

as for appraisal on the other domain, until you sell it for that amount or get offer close to it, then what?

you gonna renew it another year, or try to sell it for less?
how much less or how long you going to keep renewing?

imo…..

Last edited:

MrMDMF

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi

residual traffic represents the visitors who are still looking for that site on the internet
that residual traffic, can be type-in traffic or from existing links on other websites.

not all dropped domains are the same -
nor do they all get dropped, for same reasons.

some domains had value, before they dropped.
some domains never had value, when they dropped
some domains that didn't have value, when they dropped, but may have value in the future.
some domains used to have value when they dropped, but later their value dropped.
some domains never had a chance, but people kept renewing year, after year, until they got tired......so now it looks like an "aged" domain.

also, looking thru dropped domains, is like looking in the trash can
because the better names have been caught thru backorders.

sure, one mans trash, is another's gold.... but you got to have keen eye when picking thru pigeon turds.
and you don't learn or acquire it overnight

therein lies, where to look for value

as for appraisal on the other domain, until you sell it for that amount or get offer close to it, then what?

you gonna renew it another year, or try to sell it for less?
how much less or how long you going to keep renewing?

imo…..

Absolutely solid advice, much appreciated

I've yet to learn about backorders, so that's going on the checklist!
I'd be very interested in ways to properly educating myself on which domains retain value after dropping, as well as the ins and outs of back-ordering.

In terms of my other appraisal, it's hard for me to say. I've been learning domaining for a little under 2 weeks, It's such a deep and complex market so it fascinates me to learn every day.
Those that achieve success in this industry possess many skills, It's actually very admirable :D

The plan of action is to figure out what holds value after dropping, then I can make incremental sales in order to invest in domains of higher value/Build a portfolio of many (hopefully) quality reg fee names.

For now, It would be unwise for me to purchase domains I cannot afford, so I only invest in names at reg fee/expired, get them appraised and keep the ones that get decent reception.

-M

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom