• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: Seoftware.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IIM8

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2005
Messages
389
Reaction score
0
Domain Name: Seoftware.com

Message:
clever
catchy
memorable
cross purpose targeted
relevance
futurisitc
Inciteful, credible, high profile potential.........
What do the "experts" think?
 
not clever
not catchy
not memorable
cross purpose targeted: perhaps
high profile potential: no

reg fee maybe low-mid xx

Good luck. The letter conflict with eachother. Visually people may get the point but its easy to forget, would need heavy Branding etc
 
I think it's very clever to say the very least. Low XXX based on the name alone. Developed into an SEO affiliate page, mid XXX - whatever the market bears. Good luck with the name.
 
you forgot to mention worthless

Creation date: 12 Jun 2006 21:07:02
 
i think it is a clever name and could do well developed. y do u think its worthless just because it was just created?
 
nrmillions said:
i think it is a clever name and could do well developed. y do u think its worthless just because it was just created?

That's one of the reasons, yes. The rest is just self explanatory...little to no type in traffic, no end user potential, little commercial potential, typo, etc etc...
 
its not really a typo and it seems to me like it would have potential to end users selling seo software. creation date has nothing to do with it. i dont think its worth a lot but def not a regfee name.
 
IIM8 said:
Domain Name: Seoftware.com

Message:
clever
catchy
memorable
cross purpose targeted
relevance
futurisitc
Inciteful, credible, high profile potential.........
What do the "experts" think?
Hi,

Thankyou for your opinions,
It seems that just like in the 3d world- opinions are split into two categories;
the creative and inspirational (designers/developers)
And the financial(bean counters) ;]

I must admit, I am surprised to see how quickly the later like to put things down in this area....after all google was pretty stupid name by the same measuring stick to those who live inside the square and still would be if not so recognisable today.

A name that gets people talking and thinking has potential. And your right..it isn't a typo!
When I create a new domain; I am intending to make one that stands out, has direct relevance to a subject matter, and is one the systems find easier to protect their IP from copying the brand very easily- this type of domain does exactly that(forward thinking). but I am sure that forward thinking doesn't materialise to those who count beans based only on what already exists today.
True value in IP is based on the properties ability to innovate and be market leading and increase in value(such as amortisation) not simply whether it can be compared to exisiting metrics. This is not a guarranteed value, but speculative, then again isn't that what the stock market represents?

Thanks again for the comments from the "bashers" and the "builders" comments!
 
I'm sure i'll see this one on next years drop list. If you don't want a realistic appraisal then don't start a thread (I guess i'm a "basher" and the people appraising this name above reg fee giving you false hope are "builders"). There are millions of "brandable" domains unregistered...that doesn't make them valuable.

Try the newbie forums for help.
 
None of my domains have ever been dropped, that would be waste of money and anyone who invests like that isn't very intelligent ;]!

Thanks for your expert advice, I will take that on board when I get writers block or stop making money from my portfolio.
 
One to develop for sure! Without development I don't see much sales potential above mid $xx.

Good Luck
 
I think it's pretty darned clever myself. Deffinatly worth developing.. can go a long ways.

Ignore the naysayers, develope it.. and enjoy the adsenserevenue and affiliate rev they will be bringing you in a years time :)

Undeveloped, low-mid $XXX.

Best of luck.
 
Nice play on words, develop it, its hard to base prices on brandability, once it is well known, try to make it into something prounounceable, make it catchy and such.

Good luck!
 
Thanks everyone for your input- looks like It needs to make a name for itself in the market fully developed and become what it can be ..unique/memorable and relevant!
 
Clever name, ideal for promoting SEO software.
Quite memorable.
 
Quite brandable too I might add. I tend to shy away from these names, though I like this one for some reason.

You could easily fetch high XXX from an SEO company.
 
Well you gotta have some patience and of course courage to go with these names. And it seems that you certainly have both. But then on the other hand there's less certainity.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom