• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: whoops.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Synozeer

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2003
Messages
137
Reaction score
5
Domain Name: whoops.com

Message:
Just picked up this domain. Wondering what people thought of it and it's worth.

Thanks,
Adam
 
very brandable. I'd say worth good deal. keep it for sure let us know how it goes.
Aron
 
t10host.com said:
pronouncable
Should have some value.
Maybe $xx


Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 6,830,000 for whoops
Definition: Used to express apology or mild surprise


I assume you've never heard of the word "whoops" before ;)
 
Again I like it as it is BRANDABLE, People will remember it. Domain type in traffic is minute and insignificent to any webmaster. If your domain is brandable, sucess will be easier. WHOOPS.COM is very memorable as oppossed to 10host. I do not have an MBA in marketing but is is common sense to know that people like to feel good. If whoops.com makes you feel good and has a cute little logo, It could fly. Geiko Insurance reminds you of what? Is it cute? Is he friendly? Internet marketing I feel is all about branding and not about type in traffic.
 
i say very well done. surprised was available. to the right person could be $x,xxx or more. i prefer a domain like this to 3 numbers or letters if they don't spell anything, & people go stupid for them. it's a fun word & evreyone has said 'whoops!'. well done.
 
Thanks for the appraisals everyone. Keep 'em coming. I'll probably develop the name - I have a few ideas for it already.

guy0102 said:
i say very well done. surprised was available.

Available only in the sense that I had to buy it from the previous owner ;)
 
Very nice! Short and memorable!!

Just curious, have you gotten any offers for it yet or do you plan to develop it??


:crazy:
 
I've actually gotten a couple of offers and people interested since posting this morning, but they've all been lowball bids. I usually don't sell my domains because I *eventually* will get around to developing them, so for me to sell it would have to be at a price I couldn't refuse.

Adam
 
I like it. Very brandable. easily memorable aswell.
 
Hey Synozeer,
Sup, this is Calvin from Humorweb. Nice catch on that domain.
If you dont develop it, let me know.
I may be interested in it.
Thanks
Calvin
 
Agreed. At least X,XXX.

Very brandable, marketable, pronouncable.
 
Very nice name. I would expect to find a humor site with numerous videos of accidents/mishaps like you would see at ebaumsworld or America's Funniest Home Videos. In fact, Whoops.com is much easier to remember than ebaumsworld.com. Value .... I would not take less than several thousand dollars for it.
 
very nice name. XXXX easily. No exaggeration .
 
Nice, fun name.

IMO value 6k - 15k for end user. undeveloped.
Developing will not add substantially to value w/o massive branding.

Reseller up to 5k.
 
I agree with stevo. I was thinking the same thing. Video site something like steakandcheese.com
Im thinking high 4 low 5 figures

Gl with it. Great name!
 
Good name. I bet you paid under 2K for it, but it is worth more than that. With the onslaught of names that cannot be pronounced and/or spelled hitting the market and appraisal threads, it is making the names that actually make sense worth even more. Lots of possibilities.
 
WhoDatDog said:
Good name. I bet you paid under 2K for it, but it is worth more than that. With the onslaught of names that cannot be pronounced and/or spelled hitting the market and appraisal threads, it is making the names that actually make sense worth even more. Lots of possibilities.

Completely agree.

Limitless development potential...great buy!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom