Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Apropos.com Listed on Flippa - Only 3 days left

Authoritydomains

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
RARE Single Dictionary Word Aged Generic Brandable domain with an Estibot Value of $97,000

Check it out on Flippa

Domain summit 2024

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This word doesn't have any commercial value, how could it be developed?

#1 Rule of Domaining: Never use Esitbot to appraise your domains

Eriq Triumph

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
#1 Rule of Domaining: Never use Esitbot to appraise your domains

^^this - appraisal engines are junk for the most part. ;)

I can see this as a brandable name, in certain niches. For example, have you approached the owners of aproposprom.com to see if they might be interested?

Last edited:

Authoritydomains

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
@Giles Ok then domainindex's value is $102,000 ;)

Why do domain forum's always have people out to make negative comments. Also your comment about domaining tip, did you take this from some book or blog you've read. I'm sure some top domainers still use these tools to some degree. My valuation is based on several things, not just the estibot valuation.

I understand those tools are not always accurate but they do take into account to some degree things like search volume, if dictionary word, related sales etc. it's a guideline which mostly will come in handy for end users to value.

Why does a domain word have to have commercial value. It's a brandable domain. Most billion dollar companies use single word brandable domains.

You clearly didnt read the flippa listing which shows the values and possible uses!!

@Eric
There are over 250+ companies using this in their branding. Many will be aware of this and some bidding.

Apropos has several positive meanings. It also means About in French!

It also used to be owned by Apropos Technologies which supplied call centre management software to several fortune500 IT companies. That company was sold quite some time ago for approx $50m

I see lots of value in this domain and I'm sure others will too.

Eriq Triumph

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's Eriq, not Eric. ;)

Technically, apropos means "by the way" or "appropriately", dependent upon the context. "About" has several translations from English to French, again context-dependent, with some of those being "sur", "vers", "à peu près", etc. ;)

But to your point, I'm on your side. I think that it the domain has wonderful potential, and I wish you the best with the sale.!

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@Giles Ok then domainindex's value is $102,000

The same as Estibot really, just don't use automated tools, ask for human appraisals, they are much more accurate

Why do domain forum's always have people out to make negative comments. Also your comment about domaining tip, did you take this from some book or blog you've read. I'm sure some top domainers still use these tools to some degree. My valuation is based on several things, not just the estibot valuation.

You have asked for appraisals from people, if you arent going to like what people say, then don't ask for them, people are taking time to give you a free appraisal, appreciate it and take it for what it is...an appraisal!! Its not personal

I understand those tools are not always accurate but they do take into account to some degree things like search volume, if dictionary word, related sales etc. it's a guideline which mostly will come in handy for end users to value.

Why does a domain word have to have commercial value. It's a brandable domain. Most billion dollar companies use single word brandable domains.

You clearly didnt read the flippa listing which shows the values and possible uses!!

I dont need to read all your details on why the domain is so good, each domain owner researches and then list all the good things about a domain and ignores the bad things, thats why its good to get appraisals from people who see the domain differently to you

If you cant handle negative appraisals, maybe stick to Estibot and Domainindex appraisals, they will inflate the price for you

In all seriousness, good luck with the domain

DigiNames

DigiNames.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have asked for appraisals from people, if you arent going to like what people say, then don't ask for them, people are taking time to give you a free appraisal, appreciate it and take it for what it is...an appraisal!! Its not personal

I dont need to read all your details on why the domain is so good, each domain owner researches and then list all the good things about a domain and ignores the bad things, thats why its good to get appraisals from people who see the domain differently to you

If you cant handle negative appraisals, maybe stick to Estibot and Domainindex appraisals, they will inflate the price for you

In all seriousness, good luck with the domain

This all seems a bit harsh. A) He didn't ask for your appraisal, this is posted in General Discussion. B) He didn't say the domain was worth $100,000, he pointed out that it is what estibot valued it at which is a tool that some domainers use to create their own opinions.

The domain definitely has commercial appeal. It is worth at least $6,000, because that is what the Flippa auction got up to. If I owned it I would want much more than that for it. It is a solid well-known one-word dictionary .com domain name and would be a solid brand name for all kinds of products or services.

If you look at OP's post history you will notice that he is new to posting here. If you do have something to add to a conversation it could be done in a less negative way IMHO.

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh seriously..its just constructive criticism...its just an opinion..99% of people just take it as that....an opinion...It's not a personal attack...if people think its worth 100K, then thats fine..im just pointing out it's nowhere near that value

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators