Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Are domainers "cybersquatters"? At NameJet, a DNF member thinks so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This is from an email that was brought to my attention about the practices of a DNForum member at NameJet; he seems to have developed a niche market of domain snitching - sorry, "brokering" - to companies that have domains loosely related with their trademarks auctioned on NameJet.

This "gentleman" contacts them and offers to bid on their behalf, to ensure that "cybersquatters" do not get hold of these domains. He even attaches screenshots of NameJet auctions!

Pursuant to our telephone conversation moments ago, I appreciate your help in passing this important message along to XXXXXXX’s I.P. legal department. It would be helpful, as well, if you would forward the information to related senior management at XXXXX:

The domain name XXXXXXXXX.com, which had previously been held by a cybersquatter, recently expired and was deleted from the domain registry this afternoon. As displayed in the screenshot below my signature (he then pastes the Namejet bidding screen), one of several service registrars which capture deleted, high-demand domain names at the instant they become available is conducting a private online auction for the trademark-protected domain name, XXXXXXXXX.com on xxxday, xxxx xx at about x:xxpm (EST). Insofar as XXXXXXXX is a globally recognized trademark, all but one of the xx pre-registered bidders clearly have designs on infringing on XXXXXXX’s mark by monetizing the domain’s valuable type-in traffic. This domain name is the plural of XXXXXXXX.com, which XXXXXXXX already owns and publishes.

I bring this to XXXXXXXX’s attention because we routinely monitor expired domain names which infringe on famous brands, in an effort to foil successor cybersquatters and quickly recover branded domain names for their rightful trademark-holders. To that end, we can help. I have reserved a bid position in this private online auction and, with XXXXXXXX’s prior written authorization, will be pleased to acquire XXXXXXXX.com in XXXXXXXX’s behalf. No muss, no fuss, no litigation required. And based on our auction monitoring of recent brand-infringing domain sales, this will not likely be a costly domain acquisition.

Lest XXXXXXXX somehow misinterpret my intentions, as lawyers are often prone to do, be assured that I will not participate in this private auction without XXXXXXXX’s consent. We protect famous brands, not infringe on them. We have successfully recovered domain names for major corporate and entertainment-related clients worldwide. We would be pleased and honored to serve XXXXXXXX, as well.

Time is short. Please contact me at your earliest opportunity and I will be pleased to explain the acquisition process.
Domain names were edited out by the person who sent me the copy and I edited out the dates and times. It was made known to me who this person is and they need to come forward and explain this type of behavior which brings down the domain industry and its interests.

Last edited:

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah... the noble pursuit of the "thank you dollar". That's hilarious! :D

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We seriously need to know who this is.....very dangerous for us all imo

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I exposed a member at np's and perhaps here who doesnt do this but something just as costly. He approaches tm holders and offers to sale names he enters auctions in, if he doesnt complete a deal the winning bidder gets a name that is now the attention of the tm holder and generally a C&D or WIPO etc follows. This meber was banned and has been reinstated at np's ( why I have no clue ). He cost the auction company and US as domainers/investers money. This would be on the same level but looking to make a dollar in another way. Disgusting.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
JP, this is not about biggs101 who did that once apparently - this member here is on a different scale.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If he/she thinks what they are doing is justified then they need to explain themselves before they are exposed here and publicly humiliated......care to fess up and have some brass ones?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Lack of ethics does not equal being competitive. It's simply being an ***.

I just made a new post at my blog.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are going to be some, whether a few or many, who will feel that this method of contact is justifiable.

Competition and getting that competitive edge has no bounds.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I only ask because clearly if he did he would tell us all.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I understand this person is getting an opportunity to clarify this himself......before it is revealed anyways.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I only ask because clearly if he did he would tell us all.

hasbro-guess-who.jpg

D

Deleted member 5660

they need to come forward and explain this type of behavior which brings down the domain industry and its interests.

Why, who are you, the domain industry police? Anyone can run any kind of business they want even if you don't like it.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why, who are you, the domain industry police? Anyone can run any kind of business they want even if you don't like it.

And along with that, then anyone can voice their dislike for it because it is a shitty thing to do..and post a thread about it and talk about it, along with the rest of the close knit domain business community...or is this a one sided coin? :cheesy:

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And along with that, then anyone can voice their dislike for it because it is a shitty thing to do..and post a thread about it and talk about it, along with the rest of the close knit domain business community...or is this a one sided coin? :cheesy:

Tell 'em Focus!...Right on!!...This is such BS!!!!...that this crap takes place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators