Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Are IDN domains worth anything ?

DnPicks

Level 3
Reaction score
I have never got involved, or even thought to invest on IDN domains, Today i passed upon a listing at Flippa, Which they marked as an Editor's choice listing ( Which is an award for High value assets according to them ) and was wondering if these domains are really worth anything ?

If so, then how do you value IDN domains ? Based on what ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Domain summit 2024

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nope.. IDN domains are all but worthless for investors.

No end user adaptation and hence no sales.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have never got involved, or even thought to invest on IDN domains, Today i passed upon a listing at Flippa, Which they marked as an Editor's choice listing ( Which is an award for High value assets according to them ) and was wondering if these domains are really worth anything ?

If so, then how do you value IDN domains ? Based on what ?

Hi

I/m not a flippo user,
but when it gets to a point where controllers of a site, post recommendations to purchase, without transparency of selection process -
then there is a potential for worthless domains to be assumed as valuable, simply because it' s included in a featured listing.

as for idn's, those with traffic have value and those without it, have none.
i've owned a couple of them for 10+ years, but if you don't know what you're doing, then you will lose all your money

imo....

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your responses, What do you comment about the High previous sales of IDN domains ?]

what do you have to comment on those sales?

and why are fixated with previous high sales of idn's , rather than with quality domains in general?

if you don't know about idn's then you won't comprehend why they sold, for the amounts they sold for.

imo…..

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nearly all "high" IDN sales were made to Germans and AFAIK there has not been a single one for years.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators