• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Are you going to become a “Verified DNF Member” ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2004
Messages
1,522
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

At the time of this post there are 53 “Verified DNF Members” on board according to Verified Member Search
if you take "staff" away then only 45 or so..

Granted its been only 5 days since the start of the verification program but the numbers seem low to me ..
Are you going to become a “Verified DNF Member” or not ??


jim

http://www.dnforum.com/dnfverified.php
 
I might. I hardly ever sell domains though, so it won't really matter for me. I'm focusing on developing right now anyway, so I don't need to buy any domains for the time being either. That's why I'm not verified.
 
I think 007 has really the only valid reason for not getting verified (with the exception of people who can't have verified Paypal accounts).

If you aren't doing much business here, verification isn't a big deal. If you are doing business here, verification is so simple that you don't have a good reason to not do it.
 
Sure just click anyones seal (nice new addition)
xxxx has successfully completed Dnforum’s verification system to establish his/her identity with us.

As a professional buyer/seller in the domain industry, xxxx, has become a verified member. When carrying out transactions with xxxx, it will put your mind at ease against possible fraud.

The DNF Verified Member Seal represents a commitment to the highest standards of business ethics in the domain name industry, which xxxx has obtained.

Dnforum.com is doing everything we can to combat fraud within our industry and increase trust and professionalism of its members.

Dnforum.com encourages members to become DNF verified to build trust in our community.
 
Nope not gonna get verified... DOH already did!
 
007 said:
I might. I hardly ever sell domains though, so it won't really matter for me. I'm focusing on developing right now anyway, so I don't need to buy any domains for the time being either. That's why I'm not verified.

Same with me.
 
I am glad that DCG had this idea, its a great new addition to the forum,
 
Jonathan said:
...If you aren't doing much business here, verification isn't a big deal. If you are doing business here, verification is so simple that you don't have a good reason to not do it.

Very true and logical.

:-)

a.m
 
GT Web said:
Same with me.
When I first got here seeing a member with a "exclusive" membership was like seeing "verified" $400 bucks right ??
Nowdays what 500 exclusive members??
I think some old-timers :wink: probably feel it's unnecessary to get verified after being here for a while 3+ years x,xxx of posts high trader ratings but perhaps I'm wrong but I think of also as "supporting" the forum as they (we) go forward and their (our) goal
DotComGod said:
The reason we are doing this is to help cut down on potential fraud and scammers. I want this to be a safe place for people to do day to day buisness transactions. Whether it be domain selling, web design or programming, I want to add a level of security that will make most users more comfortable that we know how to get a hold of someone that tries a scam.


jim
 
Even if I do alot or a little business here.. I just couldn't pass up the seal!
 
I don't have a verified paypal account :'(
 
I will no doubt get verified in the near future.

I know its a pretty simple process, but I want to get my midterm exams over with and stuff before I start worrying about anything else.

I have even taken the last couple weeks off developing *gasp*

As I said, its a great program DNF put in place and I will use it at some point, but currently I am not active enough for it to make much sense...
 
I probably wont for a while, Im concentrating on developing and selling to end users rather than resellers.
 
Pim(P) said:
I don't have a verified paypal account :'(

you can pay via 2checkout:

"1) Please send a payment of $5.00 US through the payment links provided by us through
2checkout.com or your verified paypal.com account. You will be given the $5 back in dnf$."
 
alos said:
you can pay via 2checkout:

"1) Please send a payment of $5.00 US through the payment links provided by us through
2checkout.com or your verified paypal.com account. You will be given the $5 back in dnf$."

Thanks for the suggestion alos, I will consider it. Too bad it costs 49$ just to sign up for 2checkout:undecided
 
Pim(P) said:
Thanks for the suggestion alos, I will consider it. Too bad it costs 49$ to sig up for 2checkout:undecided


You don`t have to sign-up to 2checkout to make payments!
 
Hi,

With the link we provide you, you don't need to sign up with an account, you just need to fill in the proper credit card information.

thanks
Sue

Pim(P) said:
Thanks for the suggestion alos, I will consider it. Too bad it costs 49$ just to sign up for 2checkout:undecided
 
When I get around scanning my electric bill. I don't have avy scanner right now.
 
CS-Admin said:
Hi,

With the link we provide you, you don't need to sign up with an account, you just need to fill in the proper credit card information.

thanks
Sue

That's wright..and it is a god alternative to send & receive money :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom