• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed arruinado.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varlin

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
1,343
Reaction score
28
Arruinado.com

Arruinado = Spanish for BROKE (adj)

BROKE
–adjective
4. without money; penniless.
 
I thought money-related and certain Spanish domains were hot in current markets.
 
Looking for opinions. Thanks in advance.
 
how much would you pay for broke.com ?
 
I think it is a great name. However, it is not fair to compare it to broke.com in terms of value. Broke has far more meanings than arruinado, plus it is shorter and different market.

Having said that, this is a valuable domain and will continue to grow in value as the Spanish domain resale market matures.

Having sold a few Spanish language domains, I'd speculate this one is worth high xxx to low x,xxx.

If you sell or get offers, let us know. We need more data on Spanish domains.
 
Well... I beg to disagree about "far more meanings than arruinado".

Actually broke has limited uses, but its a very, very "powerful" financial word. Arruinado might not be as strong as broke for the financial part, but it has a variety of meanings: broke, broken, spoiled (as in rotten), destroyed, beaten by misfortune, deteriorated (house, clothing), spoiled (as in a movie spoiler), spoiled (as when anyone ruins a surprise) or talk you out of what turned to be a good idea/dream/plan, plus every conceivable meaning of the word "ruined".

About your last comment... I am trying to be as supportive as possible with peer domainers trading Spanish names. I have seen many Americans deceived/defrauded by senseless "translations", and "smart"? sellers that use online translators to register crap and then sell overpriced spanish-like domains to unaware buyers. Most mistakes are made around definite articles and bad conjugations.

I will try to keep you posted on my own Spanish domain sales.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom