Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

.Asia Landrush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domainmonster.com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Franka

Level 5
Reaction score
"The only difference is that it's cheaper if you prereg"
I pre-reg with europeregistry.com about 250 .asia doms

Now it tells me it cost 45 euro [one year}!!!!

onlinelife

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
2008.02.21 -- .Asia Landrush opens with 300,000 Domain Applications Total of 266,663 Applications Received on First Day of Landrush

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now this is funny!

Tags:

.asia , .name by another mobi , dumb , euthan.asia , financial suicide , mobi by another name , pointless tag feature , scam , suckers

e-rasta

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the auctions are to start at the end of the landrush, then why are auctions going on already right now? The ticker at dotasia.org and pool.com shows current auctions, as well as auctions starting in the next couple of days.

Many .asia domains are already "unavailable." These are NOT trademarked domains, so why would they be unavailable if auctions don't start until the end of landrush. makes no sense to me.

I registered a few here and there, across multiple registrars. All the registrars seems to suck the big fat c*ck when it comes to having any information about this. But they sure will reap the rewards regardless.

Just avoid godaddy, they will do nothing besides lose your domain, forget to invite you to the auction, and still charge you. i'm done with GD. they just effed up a premium domain purchase of mine.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the auctions are to start at the end of the landrush, then why are auctions going on already right now? The ticker at dotasia.org and pool.com shows current auctions, as well as auctions starting in the next couple of days.

Many .asia domains are already "unavailable." These are NOT trademarked domains, so why would they be unavailable if auctions don't start until the end of landrush. makes no sense to me.

I registered a few here and there, across multiple registrars. All the registrars seems to suck the big fat c*ck when it comes to having any information about this. But they sure will reap the rewards regardless.

Just avoid godaddy, they will do nothing besides lose your domain, forget to invite you to the auction, and still charge you. i'm done with GD. they just effed up a premium domain purchase of mine.

These auctions are most likely for Sunrise period registrations.

There does seem to be a lack of information on the .asia policies on any of their websites...

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.Asia will be a flop. Many Landrush registrations are defensive; i.e. "I have the .com so I need to protect my brand and add .asia to my set".

ernestjev

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
interesting news

I think there are no chances to get 1 word english asia domain.

Last edited:

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
interesting news

I think there are no chances to get 1 word english asia domain.

What are you talking about? There will be many "premium" one word domains available

Zoologically.asia
AntiAssertiveness.asia
Democratisation.asia

:lol:

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about? There will be many "premium" one word domains available

Zoologically.asia
AntiAssertiveness.asia
Democratisation.asia

:lol:

Democratisation.asia has been regged by the Communist Party of China :smilewinkgrin:

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch this extension with a '40ft pole' ... and I live in Asia .. Some will make a few bucks when the 'pump and dumpers' get to work.

Ask anyone from Asia .. or of Asian descent .. that you know ... 'where are you from?' They say 'Asia' then I will 'eat my hat'

Last edited:

mmmhome

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see dotasia like a mobi investment.

there will be a few very nice sales.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mulligan, you might be right, but do you see the extension from a traffic or a keyword perspective? I have always see it from a keyword view. 30% of the landrush came meanwhile from Asian registrants, as I have not so many experiance about asia I saw this TLD as an opportunity for foreignes to asia to find their general identifier. There are so many different TLD´s and so many restrictions, how should you reg them all? Its much bigger then Europe and much more complicated, the time will show and I would be glad to pick up or start a conversation in 2 years how it finally worked out.

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mulligan, you might be right, but do you see the extension from a traffic or a keyword perspective? I have always see it from a keyword view. 30% of the landrush came meanwhile from Asian registrants, as I have not so many experiance about asia I saw this TLD as an opportunity for foreignes to asia to find their general identifier. There are so many different TLD´s and so many restrictions, how should you reg them all? Its much bigger then Europe and much more complicated, the time will show and I would be glad to pick up or start a conversation in 2 years how it finally worked out.

Freddy .. .Talking about the restrictions on .asia ... asia is a pump and dump from start to finish! .. looking at it from a traffic perspective .. I do not believe it will fly .. of course major / small / medium companies will pick up their TMs by taking their names .. apart from that ... well ..

Keyword wise? .com is always gonna be the way to go ... you have the .com then try and 'cover your ***' with all other TLDs .. ccTLDs etc

You guys .. as registrars .. of course .. will make money and when 'drop time' comes around pick em up ... :)

EDIT: Restrictions on registering .asia are very clear ... for those who wish to read up on them

Then the HK guys? Do it and make your money ... Best wishes to those invested

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators