Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Attend ICANN's next meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike

Okay folks, I am posting the link below for you to pre-register to attend ICANN's next meeting June 24th thru June 28th, 2002 in Bucharest, Romania.

No, you don't have to go there in person.

ICANN is going to Webcast the meeting and provide us an opportunity to ask the board questions through remote participation on a 'live' discussion board they activate during the meetings. At least, that is how it has been done in the past.

While pre-registering for attendance, I encourage you to elect to be on the 'public list of attendees', like I have, so that your prescence has the most impact possible and your voice is counted and heard.

Some of the issues ICANN will be considering in Bucharest are the implementation of the WLS and not allowing future public participation in ICANN meetings, but you can ask or state anything you want.

So, unless all you want them to hear is what the TM lobby and corporate bully types want from them, I encourage you to have the courage to sign-up and participate via their Webcast and remote paticipation option.

Here it is.

http://www.icann.org/bucharest/

After you sign up by following the 'Pre-Registration' link above, please let us know here, in this thread.

I hope to see alot of you there.

Sincerely,
Mike Sernocky
http://www.urldepot.com

Domain summit 2024

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link,Mike.
I just have signed up - wow the public attendees list is quite interesting.
Looking forward to tell ICANN what i think of them :)

I will attend Eminem's concert and I will therefore be unavailable. Please send my apologies to the ICANN board :D

Mike, I don't think there will be a "live discussion board" (i.e. IRC-like chat channel) at future ICANN meetings. When I and the Berkman Cener previously ran webcasts (see http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/icann ), we did provide this service -- but there was no such service in Accra, for example, when ICANN switched to a new supplier of meeting technology assistance.

Ben Edelman
Berkman Center for Internet & Society
Harvard Law School

M

mike

Originally posted by bedelman
Mike, I don't think there will be a "live discussion board" (i.e. IRC-like chat channel) at future ICANN meetings. When I and the Berkman Cener previously ran webcasts (see http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/icann ), we did provide this service -- but there was no such service in Accra, for example, when ICANN switched to a new supplier of meeting technology assistance.

Ben Edelman
Berkman Center for Internet & Society
Harvard Law School

I am not talking about a 'chat' board, Ben, like you had back then. I think I remember that. Cairo, Egypt was one of them, wasn't it?

I am talking about the real-time comments board. I checked the link you provided to the Marina Del Ray meeting Nov. 12 - 15, 2001 and they seem to have had a live 'comments' board at that meeting. Unfortunately, I have missed a few, like the 'Guano' meeting.

Do you mean to say at this next meeting that will not be the case, that there will be no real-time comments board for remote viewers to participate?

Have they already effectively shut the public out? Where is my at-large representative, that Karl Auerbacher guy? How do we contact him?

How come your name is splashed all over the Marina Del Ray Meeting, if you haven't been doing the broadcasts lately?

I am sorry to hear The Berkman Center isn't going to broadcast this next one. I guess you are pretty bummed about that.
Why aren't you doing it anymore?

Could you maybe start a thread with a few links to ICANN at-large membership and public participation pages for us here, to bring the 500 or so domain owners that frequent this forum up to speed somewhat?

We'd really apreciate it.

Thanks,

Mike Sernocky

M

mike

Originally posted by timechange
I will attend Eminem's concert and I will therefore be unavailable. Please send my apologies to the ICANN board :D

I am surprised at you, Timechange.

Eminem is just a punky dysfunctional kid.

You couldn't pay me to see that nutcase.

He needs to adopt a Dad or someone that smacks him around whenever he starts 'Rapping' or whatever you call that crap that spews out his foul mouth!

Geez, you must be a real young guy to want to go see him. I don't know why, but for some reason I thought you were older, like 35ish or something.

Anyway, the ICANN meeting is four days long. I'm sure curiosity if nothing else will make you find the 'time' in your busy schedule with Eminem, to squeeze in checking out some of the live ICANN video webcast.

It should be pretty cool technology to see, as high tech as it gets in this day and age.

mike, I am 35 and I like Eminem. What's so weird about that?
I think he's cool and I like his latest song, where he assaults the FCC and the overall establishment.

No, I'll pass on the ICANNot meeting. I'd rather watch World Cup Football (soccer to you Yanks) and watch Eminem bust a move.

M

mike

Man you are quick and a seasoned adult too, so go see whomever you like and have fun.
He's not my 'cup of tea' that is for sure.

And why and who are you calling 'yanks'? I thought you said you were a local grown Orlandoan? What are you a Brit or something?

micro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone going in person to Bucharest? Thinking about flying there for the meeting..

micro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike - I dont need a visa - just a short flight from the heart of europe..

M

mike

Well then, Micro, whichever way your getting there, it would be a good idea to pre-register beforehand.

Look at that everyone... Micro might fly there. Good Luck, Micro... Don't forget to pre-register ASAP.
Now that is dedication.

The rest of you that don't plan to attend in person, can participate via the live webcast.

Again, here is the link to pre-register.

Come on members... Step up to the plate and PRE-REGISTER NOW to remotely participate at ICANN's next meeting June 24 to 28 2002 via live webcast.

It is very fast, easy and important that you participate. Don't wait. Do it now.

micro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mike I'll preregister end of the week - I have to postpone some appointments and if that works out I'll be on my way to good old Bucharest...

M

mike

What are you going to do there, Micro, make a statement or ask questions?
Please tell us what they are if you can.

Just ask if you want some suggestions? :^)

M

mike

Originally posted by mike
Okay folks, I am posting the link below for you to pre-register to attend ICANN's next meeting June 24th thru June 28th, 2002 in Bucharest, Romania.

No, you don't have to go there in person.

ICANN is going to Webcast the meeting and provide us an opportunity to ask the board questions through remote participation on a 'live' discussion board they activate during the meetings. At least, that is how it has been done in the past.

While pre-registering for attendance, I encourage you to elect to be on the 'public list of attendees', like I have, so that your prescence has the most impact possible and your voice is counted and heard.

Some of the issues ICANN will be considering in Bucharest are the implementation of the WLS and not allowing future public participation in ICANN meetings, but you can ask or state anything you want.

So, unless all you want them to hear is what the TM lobby and corporate bully types want from them, I encourage you to have the courage to sign-up and participate via their Webcast and remote paticipation option.

Here it is.

After you sign up by following the 'Pre-Registration' link above, please let us know here, in this thread.

I hope to see alot of you there.

Sincerely,
Mike Sernocky

Anybody having better luck than me at connecting to view ICANN's meeting going on now in Bucharest via webcast? I can't get my quicktime or realplayer to connect. They don't make it easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators