Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Auction Behavior - Stupid & Greedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3 or 4 members, that are here is 'whole slew'???

How about 2 members bidding it out here, AFTER IDing themseleves, and I try to contact him???

P.S.

just to clarify the hypocrism here, the only person I did not contact is actnow.
I did not bid against him.

Glad he got the ones he was after (assuming it is him from previous data).
To the rest, it is very hypocritical... the entire thing.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
3 or 4 members, that are here is 'whole slew'???

How about 2 members bidding it out here, AFTER IDing themseleves, and I try to contact him???

P.S.

just to clarify the hypocrism here, the only person I did not contact is actnow.
I did not bid against him.

Glad he got the ones he was after (assuming it is him from previous data).
To the rest, it is very hypocritical... the entire thing.

Not sure if you're talking about me or not, but I don't have any messages from you in any form today. I have communicated with just about everyone else, and from what I saw, everyone pretty much got what I wanted. I didn't get the ones I was most after (maids.info and internetsecurity.info), which I mentioned to everyone that I was after, but that's OK. I got some others, and definately no hard feelings.

I agree with the other poster, if it's more than 2 of you, and one or more is an unknown, there's not a lot of point in trying to force the issue, you might both lose. In the end, we're 'voting' with dollars, so it's realy not correct to says you 'wanted' something more than someone else. Worst case scenario is that you have 5 minutes to make your 'wants' known, even if everyone else is against you.

Also - I got a very disturbing phone call in the middle of this bidding - one that might result in a lawsuit (nothing to do with domains), so I might have errored while distracted, but I'm not sure I did. I'll apologize now if that happened.

Again, no point in making this stuff personal. That's when you lose before you start.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
I was out of my home on a 56k and with 100+ auctions on snapnames I was not able to see my emails.

I would appreciate it if you would continue to use 56K. It makes may bidding
easier. :-D

Seeker, I do remember seeing your name. But, at this moment, I don't remember
the name.

But, thank you for not having any interest in the name. :wink:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well ... the truth is: any bid-related "arrangement" probably doesn't quite work in the real world, even in such imperfect competition markets as backordering auctions, not to say that it could be illegal in some jurisdictions (never mind the unethical or immoral part).

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
Not sure if you're talking about me or not, but I don't have any messages from you in any form today. I have communicated with just about everyone else, and from what I saw, everyone pretty much got what I wanted. I didn't get the ones I was most after (maids.info and internetsecurity.info), which I mentioned to everyone that I was after, but that's OK. I got some others, and definately no hard feelings.

Thats funny.

I PMed you at $65 telling you I would back down if you wanted it!
I never knew you wanted IS.
SUre, I got it (at much more), but strangely enough, and withougt knowing you wanted it, I PMed you.
What a strange planet...
:undecided

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
Thats funny.

I PMed you at $65 telling you I would back down if you wanted it!
I never knew you wanted IS.
SUre, I got it (at much more), but strangely enough, and withougt knowing you wanted it, I PMed you.
What a strange planet...
:undecided

Then I do apologize. It looks like I got a PM from you yesterday, but did not get your message into my notes, and it looks like I didn't reply either. I was under DOS attack from some Korean server about that time yesterday, so the screen may not have loaded on my end, but got marked as 'read' in the system so I didn't go back to it, and with 45 active auctions I missed it.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
crap.

:)
as you read, I was ready to back down at your command...
Anyhow,
no hard feelings, just thought we could get together 'legaly' at DNF and make a difference.
Maybe next time.
Take care my friend.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI, I won't be upping any of my bids for the next 3 auctions. What you see are my top bids :)

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dont look at me then, I wont be bidding there :)
lol

When it works, it works, when it doesnt, well....
it doesnt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom