Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Auction of 100 Premium dotMobi domains on SEDO this month!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess the next time I drive by a Ford dealership I'll pull in and find the manager and tell them how much I hate Ford. Better yet, I'll do that to McDonalds. Stop and and just start yelling and telling all the customers how they are being duped into believing this is good for you and it is a scam and a conspiracy to drive up the cost of healthcare and to keep generations of future health care professionals employed.

The reaction would probably be the same...get the F*** out of here. If we didn't want to be here in the first place we wouldn't be here. And if you don't like it go down the road and buy some bean sprouts.

That is why, thankfully, there are choices.

LOL!! :pound:

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Banking
BofA.mobi (Bank of America)
Deutsche-Bank.mobi
Wachovia.mobi
Barclays.mobi

Insurance
Ing.mobi
StateFarm.mobi
AXA.mobi

Hotels
Marriott.mobi

Car Manufacturers

Ferrari.mobi
BMW.mobi
Rolls-Royce.mobi
FordCA.mobi (Ford Canada)

Transportation
Amtrak.mobi
AAA.mobi (American Automobile Association)

Sports
ESPN.mobi
NBA.mobi
WNBA.mobi

Magazines
Time.mobi (Time Magazine)
BusinessWeek.mobi
CNNMoney.mobi

Internet
MSN.mobi
GoDaddy.mobi / TDNAM.mobi

Technology
Cisco.mobi

News
FoxNews.mobi
AlJazeera.mobi

Newspapers
TheSun.mobi

Guides

Zagat.mobi

Mobile Operators
T-Mobile.mobi
Three.mobi
Vodafone.mobi
TIM.mobi
Orange.mobi

Mobile Manufacturers
Nokia.mobi
SonyEricsson.mobi

Telecommunications

Ericsson.mobi

Weather

Weather.mobi (The Weather Channel)

Cities

Helsinki.mobi

Airlines

SAS.mobi

Clothing

Polo.mobi
Quikstore.mobi (Quiksilver)

Airports

Schiphol.mobi (Amsterdam)

I noticed that a lot of the above names have matching brand name dot com sites. Out of interest, are there any big brand .mobis that stand alone without a matching dot com? Please can you give some examples, thanks.

Bofa.mobi Bofa.com
Deutsche-Bank.mobi Deutsche-Bank.com
Wachovia.mobi Wachovia.com
Ing.mobi ing.com
StateFarm.mobi StateFarm.com
AXA.mobi AXA.com
Weather.mobi Weather.com
Nokia.mobi Nokia.com
SonyEricsson.mobi SonyEricsson.com
three.mobi three.com
Ferrari.mobi Ferrari.com
BMW.mobi bmw.com
Rolls-Royce.mobi Rolls-Royce.com

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I noticed that a lot of the above names have matching brand name dot com sites. Out of interest, are there any big brand .mobis that stand alone without a matching dot com? Please can you give some examples, thanks.

Bofa.mobi Bofa.com
Deutsche-Bank.mobi Deutsche-Bank.com
Wachovia.mobi Wachovia.com
Ing.mobi ing.com
StateFarm.mobi StateFarm.com
AXA.mobi AXA.com
Weather.mobi Weather.com
Nokia.mobi Nokia.com
SonyEricsson.mobi SonyEricsson.com
three.mobi three.com
Ferrari.mobi Ferrari.com
BMW.mobi bmw.com
Rolls-Royce.mobi Rolls-Royce.com

Creature, Disney runs and advertises a stand alone dotMobi website without any matching dotcom....

HSM2.mobi (Disney's High School Musical 2)

Also, many of the said "Major Brand" dotMobi domains listed above are being promoted on tv, online and in print; these collective Marketing, Advertising and PR Departments are actively opting for the dotMobi url in their Mobile Web marketing initiatives as opposed to the dotcom.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And some of them perhaps had their .com in 1995.

When was .us released? the .net, the .info, the .biz, the .org? And .mobi was released when?

So I am not sure that is an accurate portrayal of some sort of rationale as to why do they have a .com and a .mobi. It would only stand to reason that if they had an internet presence before September 2006 then it certainly would not only be a .mobi.

Try this instead.

Look at BMW.com and BMW.mobi on your PC.

Then look at BMW.com and BMW.mobi on your web enabled phone.

Or pick any on the list.

Which works best where and which works best on both the PC and the phone.

Stand alone? Why?

Different usage, different format, different audiences, different mediums, different sizes.

Why is that such a bad thing? It is not.

But to answer your and anyone else's question in more detail, rather than bash the extension or members on the forum (not that you appear to be doing this, Creature) ask the companies listed why THEY chose to advertise and use and promote both. Why did they specifically chose to go with .mobi and a new standard of formating to be mobi compliant?

We can speculate all day. Just as someone speculated that if Warren Buffett bought domains he would buy .com (I wonder what brand car he would buy?) we can go back and forth and back and forth.

But those companies are no losers or slouches on a national and international level and certainly know to look at new and expanding markets.

If you ran a mega corporation, would you not have a board or team or underlings looking for ways to retain current customers and give value added service? And you most certainly would be wanting to know and explore ways of attracting more customers. And most likely you would be looking at what your competitors are doing, their weaknesses and strenghts, their advertising strategies, and what is working for them.

That is business. People can chose to be leaders and innovators. Others will follow. But the ones that keep waiting and waiting and waiting to follow will have just that much more of a lesser impact and always remain in the shadows of those leaders.

Very short and quick lesson on business. We all know it is more complicated than this.

But if I wanted to continue running a business like it was still 2000 in 2007, then I would not be in business too long. That is why I suggest go to the source. Most mega corporations have PR departments that would be glad to answer all these questions or may already have press releases on their sites.

Don't take my word for anything.

SamBam

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think most people would agree that those domainers who have been the least successful are the same ones with a strong interest in dotmobi.

There should be formula of sorts. The higher your interest in dotmobi the worse your overall portfolio is.

It is kind of like trying to get the world to like fat women, since you are not allowed to get the beautiful women. Others would take a different approach and figure out a way to get the beautiful women, but most dotmobi pumpers spend all of their time trying to convince the guys with the beautiful women to dump them for fat and ugly women.

Ain't gonna happen.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think most people would agree that those domainers who have been the least successful are the same ones with a strong interest in dotmobi.

There should be formula of sorts. The higher your interest in dotmobi the worse your overall portfolio is.

It is kind of like trying to get the world to like fat women, since you are not allowed to get the beautiful women. Others would take a different approach and figure out a way to get the beautiful women, but most dotmobi pumpers spend all of their time trying to convince the guys with the beautiful women to dump them for fat and ugly women.

Ain't gonna happen.
BamBam...do you really put your brain in gear before you speak, type, talk?

You make such broad assumptions in life. You come up with all these hypothetical situations and scenarios as if it really pertains to the subject at hand. No, you create reasons against it while totally ignoring and discounting the reasons for it.

Not once in this thread have you added anything other than some lame ass opinion or comment that appears to be based on pure conjecture...

If Warren Buffett...

Domain losers...

Ugly women...

You seem to speak from experience of being such that loser. How pitiful and pathetic your life must be.

I am sorry you have envy for Warren Buffett, I am sorry your portfolio sucks, and I won't apologize for your thing for fat ugly women because to each his/her own.

Has anyone tried to convince you to give up your domains? Or are you hanging on to your big fat ugly chicks?

I am not sorry you have a loser complex because you are a winner in my book. You know how to keep a thread alive so .mobi can be indexed higher and higher in the search rankings.

I look forward to more of your shallow comments on why you hate mobi, why mobi is a loser, and why you would even take to time to post your feelings on .mobi as if we really give a shit.

But do find comfort and a warm fuzzy feeling that you are not alone in your belief and fantasies.

SamBam

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Nothing to get defensive about. To me, dotmobi is worthless and many sales are manufactured and pumped up.....kinda like the premium dotmobi manufacturing being done by the registry.

Any bit of news is blown way out of proportion, when the fact remains that out of 1,000 random people in the world there are zero who will ever have heard of this worthless toilet clog of an extention.

My ego is not tied into dotcom like yours is to dotmobi. You can bash dotcom all you want and I will just laugh. When someone gives an honest (and usually) negative opinion about these garbage dotmobi names you guys take it personally, when what you should be doing is buying more names so you can make your millions. If you are right then you want as many bashers as possible. But since you are wrong you don't want to hear anyone else's viewpoint. Good luck finding suckers to buy this crap.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nothing to get defensive about. To me, dotmobi is worthless and many sales are manufactured and pumped up.....kinda like the premium dotmobi manufacturing being done by the registry.

Any bit of news is blown way out of proportion, when the fact remains that out of 1,000 random people in the world there are zero who will ever have heard of this worthless toilet clog of an extention.

My ego is not tied into dotcom like yours is to dotmobi. You can bash dotcom all you want and I will just laugh. When someone gives an honest (and usually) negative opinion about these garbage dotmobi names you guys take it personally, when what you should be doing is buying more names so you can make your millions. If you are right then you want as many bashers as possible. But since you are wrong you don't want to hear anyone else's viewpoint. Good luck finding suckers to buy this crap.
You are really lost, aren't you. Not once did I bash .com.

That worthless toilet clog? Jeez, you are full of your self.

My ego? I guess 12-13 years ago I was buying and investing in .mobi long before anyone else was?

But I do want you to go on believing and honoring the domain rules of 5-10 years ago:

Only .com
No numbers
No hyphens
No more than 7 letters.

The only thing I take personally is some moron who happens to invade a thread to proclaim they hate something. And I don't really take personally. I take it for what it is...humor and misinformation.

It just further demonstrates that I can always find a good laugh from poor breeding and bad taste.

SamBam

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I guess you are right. You do make fine arguments for the extension. I was wrong again. Hooray for Pinky......Hooray for Pinky. You have made a convincing presentation.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats on making a simple thread into a 52 response thread with nearly 800 views and second only to another matter that does not pertain to nor involve the majority of people who jumped into it.

I'll leave a browser window open so you can feel like you're talking to someone and not feel so all alone.

Just look for my user name a the bottom of the screen. Just pretend I am really here and act interested.

MejCdj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't sweat it doc com.. we have now sealed our fate.
over $800k for miserable toilet clog names. What were we thinking? :rolleyes:

I guess we will just have to be happy with that.

People who buy extensions other than .com are smart IMO. If you put all your eggs in one basket...

Just because sam does not like .mobi, he feels the need to try and belittle anyone who does. Makes me wonder.. how successful he could have been with buying only 1 stock out of hundreds of choices.

We do not need to justify our purchases to him or anyone else.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are many men who absolutely adore fat women. Do they have to justify their choices to men who only like supermodels? Of course not.. they are happy with what they like and anyone else's opinion doesnt mean squat.

Mej

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators