Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Auction of 100 Premium dotMobi domains on SEDO this month!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great insight and analysis, Jeremy.

Loan, Bank, ATM...not gold. Platinum. And many more.

And I for one am hoping for that overlooked one and have my eyes focused on one or two that I would be proud to own. And develop.

It is not at all unforeseeable to see the $200k mark eclipsed. Not by me but this is already a proven viable extension and these are pure raw generics that are their own traffic and keywords.

I'll be there. Whether successful or not, that remains to be seen. Many who have sat on the sidelines and watched and waited will surely be part of this.

DomainBELL

DomainBELL.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3) My pocket book is ready to open up in response. I could see myself dropping $25,000 - $50,000 to pick up a few great mobi names. I'm actually selling a few strong .com names (progolfer.com, flightinstructor.com, etc) on Sedo partially to cash-up for this opportunity. I'm not the only one.

- - - I was thinking the same... gather $25-50k... and go after some...
(maybe I will... maybe I won't... if I do though... I hope we aren't after
the same 3 names... LOL) Goes to look at her list on domainbell.com to see which I'll purge for the party... (possibly)

~DomainBELL (Patricia)

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do not like the long-term development requirement at all.
This doesn't seem too bad to me. To have relevant content can be achieved pretty easily and the 4 out of 5 compliance rating is no problem. mtld of course are trying to help the extension in the marketplace by ensuring that potential visitors find something they can use when landing on one of the newly released names. I like that loans.mobi too plus the california name and a few others.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the fact that they are not selling all the mobis they kept to themself is the smart thing to do in terms of risk management.
Meaning, by selling some before and some now than can capitalize on the current prices and demand for .mobis.
Selling piece by piece in the future will allow them to benefit from a possible increase in prices and by selling some now it enables them to hedge their bets should mobi prices fall.
This tactic is commonly used when selling or buying stocks as a form of risk-return maximazation.
What this basically shows is that even mTLD is also very uncertain about the .mobi future and their value, which I think should make those think that only have a positive view, because nobody has a crystal ball here..

acc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the fact that they are not selling all the mobis they kept to themself is the smart thing to do in terms of risk management.
Meaning, by selling some before and some now than can capitalize on the current prices and demand for .mobis.
Selling piece by piece in the future will allow them to benefit from a possible increase in prices and by selling some now it enables them to hedge their bets should mobi prices fall.
This tactic is commonly used when selling or buying stocks as a form of risk-return maximazation.
What this basically shows is that even mTLD is also very uncertain about the .mobi future and their value, which I think should make those think that only have a positive view, because nobody has a crystal ball here..
You are correct that it is smart to not sell off (and/or auction off) ALL of the 5000+ reserved "premium" .mobi names at one time. That goes for ANY one time a year ago, today, or a year from now.

Nice try to place a negative spin on this but the analogy and reasoning are off. The periodic "maximization" buying and selling of stocks (owned by individuals NOT the company itself) is not the same as a preplanned metering out of names (which are owned by the registry). This has been an MTLD publicly announced strategy from the very beginning. They have multiple venues and methodologies available to them to distribute the reserved "premium" names.

This has nothing to do with a domain registry feeling uncertain about this extension. It is part of a multi-faceted, scheduled, business marketing strategy. And businesses can accelerate, suspend, and adjust tactics as the see fit to provide the best intended results. Here the basic economic rule of supply and demand is being followed by MTLD as evidenced by the announced series of name releases. It also allows them to concentrate pre-auction marketing resources. Very smart indeed.

I agree that no one has a crystal ball. But the dotMobi registry has the BEST pulse on the progress of the new .mobi TLD - it sees what is happening with development, knows what is happening within the industry, and has a lot more resources and sources of information that we as domainers have.

It is and will be interesting to watch this one play out.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mobi auctions start tomorrow on sedo
cant wait ,should be fun :cool:

DomainBELL

DomainBELL.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

SamBam

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The words "Premium" and "Dotmobi" really don't go together. If you asked 1,000 random people in the world if they have ever heard of dotmobi then it is likely that all 1,000 would look at you as if you were an alien.

That is not exactly the type of response that would lead a sane person to invest in dotmobi. Have you contacted Warren Buffett? Maybe he is interested.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The words "Premium" and "Dotmobi" really don't go together. If you asked 1,000 random people in the world if they have ever heard of dotmobi then it is likely that all 1,000 would look at you as if you were an alien.

That is not exactly the type of response that would lead a sane person to invest in dotmobi. Have you contacted Warren Buffett? Maybe he is interested.

there you go folks... ironclad proof that mobi is a scam.

nothing more to see here...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something?

A thread about mobi auctions but a great many jump in here to say how much you despise mobi?

What the point? "I hate mobi". Point noted and noted and noted and noted.

It is very apparent that a great many of you who post negative comments do so to simply post negative comments.

I saw people yesterday jump in a thread involving two members and a money dispute and all of a sudden people (a great many) people are slinging shit at each other. I laughed myself silly when I read that. It did not involve but two people and all of a sudden it is out of control, some of the same members posting in this thread were involved. They seized the opportunity to go after someone or something they did not like.

So if this mobi news and auction bother you, then don't read it.

How difficult is that to comprehend?

Go ahead, talk to me about this being a public forum and how every one has the right to comment. I won't argue that point. But if you are going to shovel crap, expect it back.

Why don't you jump into every thread and every TLD and every ccTLD you don't like and show your assess and post your moronic comments there? Why not?

Bunch of pansies.

DOH!

Another mobi thread.

Must join in.

Hate mobi. Hate mobi.

Mobi must die. Mobi must die.

Simpson_headXray-728774.jpg

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DejaVu - but 15 or so years back :lol:

The words "Premium" and "dotcom" really don't go together. If you asked 1,000 random people in the world if they have ever heard of dotcom then it is likely that all 1,000 would look at you as if you were an alien.

That is not exactly the type of response that would lead a sane person to invest in dotCom. Have you contacted Bill Gates? Maybe he is interested. :lol::lol::lol:

scandiman

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Please explain: are you suggesting Warren Buffet is insane? What's insane is a forum that calls mobi a ccTLD.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's actually a TLD Discussion subforum, maybe ccTLD should be taken out of the .mobi title?

Current bids on .mobi names at the Sedo auction are making some look like premium, and still 6 days left (see below).

'Follow the money' isn't always the right course, but more than often it is. Why do good to great .mobi names continue to sell for high prices? Mobile is getting huger by the day and there aren't enough good .com names available for mobile websites. The point is always brought up about 'browser detection', but .com sites site still give out different URLs for their mobile versions, so for some reason browser detection isn't being widely used. Mobile web devices are being used for everything overseas, paying bills, purchasing, etc. we just haven't seen it yet in North America.

Development and exposure will make
.Mobi = Mobile web

Auctions already over 5k.

Domain Name / Website Current Bid Bids Time left

loans.mobi 30,000 $US 10 5d 23h 53m
hello.mobi 19,500 $US 10 5d 23h 53m
wifi.mobi 19,000 $US 6 5d 23h 53m
ask.mobi 18,555 $US 7 5d 23h 53m
creditcard.mobi 5,500 $US 6 5d 23h 53m
credit.mobi 5,100 $US 5 5d 23h 53m
download.mobi 5,100 $US 7 5d 23h 53m
webcam.mobi 5,100 $US 22 5d 23h 53m
creditcards.mobi 5,050 $US 3 5d 23h 53m
insurance.mobi 5,050 $US 41 5d 23h 53m
bank.mobi 5,000 $US 10 5d 23h 53m
cellphone.mobi 5,000 $US 9 5d 23h 53m
stockmarket.mobi 5,000 $US 7 5d 23h 53m

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am only bidding to buy 44 DotMobies so far here :yes: which caught my eyes :smilewinkgrin:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please explain: are you suggesting Warren Buffet is insane? What's insane is a forum that calls mobi a ccTLD.
Warren Buffett...odd to have thought of him in here as being the model for a domain empire. As far as I know, Warren Buffett does not buy nor horde domains.

Nor can I find any article EVER where he mentions anything about buying "internet real estate" or "domains as a hedge investment". And I would venture to say that Warren Buffett may not even know about domaining. And I would damn sure bet the Warren Buffett does not and will not mention to Berkshire Hathaway investors who plunk down $10K per share of preferred stock that we should invest in dot com. Buy Vodka.com? Screw that. Buy the damn manufacturer.

No, he is more likely to invest in media companies. I did find an article comparing stock market trends and using Warren Buffett as a model investment strategy when considering investing in domain names. And I'll be damn if that article did not specifically mention .mobi and .co.uk as likely candidates for future growth.

Now for all those that want to jump in and say "where's the link?" I say find it yourself.

Most are all about disproving the success and the likelihood of .mobi's demise so start digging into current articles to prove it will fail. You'll find the usual Frank Schilling threads from months ago and of course he will never admit he may be wrong and he'll never admit that he may be investing as well even if it is an "oh, what the hell effort" and he probably won't admit or even know that he is a holder of arabic and islamic words and, God forbid, they are not even in the .com.

Again, those non believers will have to dig all of this up on their own. I find most of this by accident while conducting my own research. Just like many of you found this sub-forum by accident when you stumbled but fell in here by accident but thought you would have to leave your mark in this thread just like the streaks in your underwear.

SamBam...how many shares of Berkshire Hathaway Preferred A stock do you own?

SamBam

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you asked 1,000 random people in the world if they ever heard about .mobi then I am betting that the number of people answering yes would be zero.

Warren Buffett, if he were to invest in domains, would invest in dotcom only. He would laugh at dotmobi. Do you know why? If you do not know why, then you can continue down the dotmobi hole/scam. Auctioning so-called premium names is part of the scam.

The first step to getting out of a hole is to stop digging. Pinky and his crew are playing you like fools. You will be milked for one more round of renewals then it will probably be time to close up shop.....since nobody outside of these message boards has ever heard of it.

It could be the next dotcom.....NOT.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you asked 1,000 random people in the world if they ever heard about .mobi then I am betting that the number of people answering yes would be zero.

Warren Buffett, if he were to invest in domains, would invest in dotcom only. He would laugh at dotmobi. Do you know why? If you do not know why, then you can continue down the dotmobi hole/scam. Auctioning so-called premium names is part of the scam.

It could be the next dotcom.....NOT.
Let me guess. You were here perhaps in 2004 spewing the same garbage, but under a different name.

Your arguments against are as shallow and full of shit as your arguments for.

Warren Buffett, if he were to invest in domains, would invest in dotcom only.
Simply genius on your part.

Perhaps you should apply to become an adviser to Warren Buffett and the members of Berkshire Hathaway.

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass every time he hopped.

...since nobody outside of these message boards has ever heard of it.
This may and will come as a shock to you, but nobody outside this message boards gives a crap what you think or I think.

There is a whole world out there that has never heard of dot com or dot mobi. There is a whole world out there that has never heard of DNforum.

So here is an idea.

Disclose which boards of Fortune 500 companies you sit on.

And then come back to this mobi thread and add your BS remarks as to which one of these have never heard of .mobi before. But this time be real creative and try to think real hard to come up with an original idea and comment that has not appeared on this forum for more than 2 years now.

I could give you more to work with but doubtful you would look at a damn one of them so it would just be a waste of time.

Banking
BofA.mobi (Bank of America)
Deutsche-Bank.mobi
Wachovia.mobi
Barclays.mobi

Insurance
Ing.mobi
StateFarm.mobi
AXA.mobi

Hotels
Marriott.mobi

Car Manufacturers

Ferrari.mobi
BMW.mobi
Rolls-Royce.mobi
FordCA.mobi (Ford Canada)

Transportation
Amtrak.mobi
AAA.mobi (American Automobile Association)

Sports
ESPN.mobi
NBA.mobi
WNBA.mobi

Magazines
Time.mobi (Time Magazine)
BusinessWeek.mobi
CNNMoney.mobi

Internet
MSN.mobi
GoDaddy.mobi / TDNAM.mobi

Technology
Cisco.mobi

News
FoxNews.mobi
AlJazeera.mobi

Newspapers
TheSun.mobi

Guides

Zagat.mobi

Mobile Operators
T-Mobile.mobi
Three.mobi
Vodafone.mobi
TIM.mobi
Orange.mobi

Mobile Manufacturers
Nokia.mobi
SonyEricsson.mobi

Telecommunications

Ericsson.mobi

Weather

Weather.mobi (The Weather Channel)

Cities

Helsinki.mobi

Airlines

SAS.mobi

Clothing

Polo.mobi
Quikstore.mobi (Quiksilver)

Airports

Schiphol.mobi (Amsterdam)

scandiman

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Doc, you've got to add hilton.mobi to your list of hotels.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe SamBam will find that in his research? Doubtful.

As well as doubtful he will find HSM2.mobi, onkosh.mobi or baidu.mobi or the thousands of other large and smaller organizations.

It would be most enlightening for SamBam and the others to discuss why they feel compelled to jump in every forum thread dealing with mobi to tell us how much they hate it.

I think Freud would find a direct co-relation between one's toilet training and maternal separation anxiety.

I would more than likely call it a cranial-rectal inversion.

Monica from Sedo has posted twice now regarding and reminding of the auction.

Yet no one has jumped into those threads and started bashing Sedo or Monica.

Not that I want to deflect any attention towards Monica or Sedo and away from this thread or away from me (thank you, I love the attention) but it just further baffles and bewilders me as to why some feel compelled to state their hate or disdain for something when it has nothing to do with them.

I guess the next time I drive by a Ford dealership I'll pull in and find the manager and tell them how much I hate Ford. Better yet, I'll do that to McDonalds. Stop and and just start yelling and telling all the customers how they are being duped into believing this is good for you and it is a scam and a conspiracy to drive up the cost of healthcare and to keep generations of future health care professionals employed.

The reaction would probably be the same...get the F*** out of here. If we didn't want to be here in the first place we wouldn't be here. And if you don't like it go down the road and buy some bean sprouts.

That is why, thankfully, there are choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators