• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Auction Overbidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLK

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2002
Messages
270
Reaction score
0
It is truly amazing that no matter how many times I have told
myself to bid reasonably over at NW, I still wind up getting
auction fever and bidding at least 2-3 times what I feel the
Domain is worth.

It's tough when you REALLY want a name and you know the only way to get it (cause it was snapped a year ago) is to bid like a fool at NW sometimes hoping that they DON'T get it!!

There have been some good deals for me at NW,but also some really bad days where I prayed they would not get the name I foolishly overbidded.

How many of you guys are in the same boat??

Or are you just smarter letting logic win over
the greed of getting a name at any price.....
 
do you realize that your homepage is showing the source to RJ's dom seller?
 
I pretty much keep myself in check over at NW.

I did in my eyes overbid on a couple and of course if I overbid I ALWAYS win the name regardless of whether or not there is a snap on it.

JOhn <<<< Eghads! I slept through the NW deadline today!!!

:cry:
 
Just like Ebay, it takes at least 2 crazy bidders to run the price up.
So to the other crazy bidders, quit it, so I can get these names cheaper. :)
 
Originally posted by icehole
do you realize that your homepage is showing the source to RJ's dom seller?


PHP was down? LOL damn I missed that one :D
 
i have just been outbodded on NW (i have gone 40 dollars over my intended proxy), but now i can't get in, to place my final bid!!!

great name too..

wilco
 
For expiring names on the same day, the catch is you can't re-bid during the 12noon - 3pm window
 
Namewinner is very successful and if the bidding is high enough they can beat snap and even buydomains.

What really annoys me is people that bid $8.75 on just about every single name hoping to "fly under the radar" and pick up a bargain. Lots of people bid on names far in advance for whatever purpose there is in doing that....it only helps drive up the price in the end.

Then there is another group of people who bid $25 on practically every $8.75 bid hoping to snipe it and win the name at the last minute.

Then there are the types of people who eat away at proxy bids and just drive the price up

Others simply just put in huge proxy bids at the end and drive the price up in seconds hoping to pay just $1 more than whatever someone else would have paid.

It's just a matter of seeing what works best for you. Know when to cut yourself off and don't overpay for a name that's not worth it. Just because it's pending delete doesn't make it anymore valuable to anyone!
 
clemzonguy,

How does the 8.75 bid, drive up the price in the end?

Especially, when Ults bids at the last minute with extremely high proxy bid. They want the name at any price!

So, what are the "under the radar" bidders doing wrong?
 
I have to admit, I am one of those "8.75 bidders". I don't see anything wrong with it at all. I want the names and am willing to pay 8.75 for them, so what?

What I would like to see is bidding allowed between 8.75 and $25 since there are many names that are worth more than 8.75 to me, but less than $25.
 
Originally posted by Gregr
Just like Ebay, it takes at least 2 crazy bidders to run the price up.
So to the other crazy bidders, quit it, so I can get these names cheaper. :)


Agree. :laugh:
 
So, what are the "under the radar" bidders doing wrong?

Nothing at all. Feel free to bid on whatever you want. I just think there should be bidding between $8.75 and $25. This only works to NW's advantage because they know more than one person will be interested in a domain and kind of jumpstarts the bidding frenzy.

when Ults bids at the last minute with extremely high proxy bid

I was beat buy ULTSEARCH on a name once and I really thought I was the only person who wanted the name and that my proxy bid was high enough just in case. Boy was I wrong!
 
I was surprised, just as much as the Caymans, that they got the PrimeRib.net yesterday for $25.

And, Greg did not tell us. Even though, AmericanSearch.com had a high bid of $ 333, Enom got it for him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom