Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Auctions and ghost bidders to increase prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

The auction system that has no transparency is essentially flawed, imho.

Let's say I'm a ghost bidder. I monitor your bids and pull you on depending on how emotional or hungry I think you are based on careful observations of your bidding patterns. Without your knowledge, I am using a debit card with only $1 in the account.

If you are a sucker, you will go into a hypnotic "I love the chase" mode. You think "Damn, someone actually likes that name. I can sell it for a handsome profit if I beat that guy!"

I string you along, and string you along, and string you along ad infinitum. I win the auction, then *poof*, credit/debit card is charged and it bounces.

You are now obligated to pay the second highest bid. The evidence is wiped clean, and you will NEVER know what actually happened. You pay up, everyone wins, except you of course.

Just in case you think I'm baiting you into a conspiracy theory - absolutely I am :)

Shams, scams, shills - the ever going story of the domain name industry.

It's getting extraordinary even more calculated and sophisticated since the naive pre-2000s.

btw, the serious developers normally approach registrants directly with wallets open way before drops. Unless, something happened to the ability to manage the domains anymore eg. an employee managing the domain got sacked and didn't bother to give a good handover.

Has anyone ever here ever felt a chill up your spin which you can't understand?

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you do it enough times. It would be in Pools best interest to prosecute you for fraud. (civil and criminal)

This is not little ebay deals, here and there.

This is big bucks. And, it would also be in BD best interest to prosecute if they have to pay very high prices because of your
fraudulent actions.

And, if you think you could not be found or prosecuted. That would
be another flaw in your thinking.

M

mole

Originally posted by actnow
If you do it enough times. It would be in Pools best interest to prosecute you for fraud. (civil and criminal)

Did I mention Pool.com, act? Did I say it was a fact and I have the evidence? I am only putting up a discussion point which many here have expressed indirectly. What about the rubbisth said about Namewinner.com in the past in many forums?

You must be new to life, act. You can't even tell the difference between "fraud" and "slander", let alone judge a thread for its discussive value.

There is a simple solution for people like you. Bring on the WLS.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No. You did not mention Pool. However, I have not heard of NW going
back to the second place bidder.

I just think it is a bad idea to promote fraudulent or stupid acts. Some of the
amateur members might try this. And, find the full force of the legal
world falling on them.

I would not promote the dropping of Nestle.net (not happening) because
someone would stupidly try to catch it.

I believe in open forum. But, I also think before we promote or suggest
questionable acts. We should think what the less knowledgeable
members might do. And, they might take it as a business strategy.

As for being new to life. I am not the smartest person in the world. But, I try to be ethical in my actions.

As for bringing on WLS, that is not in my control. So, I will work with it
if it happens.

sitehq

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
internetdomainstore.com

auction was 11/17, winning bidder must have bailed.....

50857 $95.00 2003-11-16 20:16:29
50857 $88.00 2003-11-14 20:26:43
You $70.00 2003-11-16 19:48:56
50857 $60.00 2003-11-14 19:10:08

i got billed $70 today, and i am ok with that, but i also beleive i should only pay $60 becuase if bidder number 50857 wasnt good for 95, their $60 shouldnt count either.

Page Howe

M

mole

Originally posted by actnow
I just think it is a bad idea to promote fraudulent or stupid acts. Some of the amateur members might try this. And, find the full force of the legal world falling on them.

oic act,

we speak the same tongue then. sorry for the misinterpretation.

Don't try this at home, kids. You never know when the FBI will be charging down your living room :)

Corwin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sitehq

i got billed $70 today, and i am ok with that, but i also beleive i should only pay $60 becuase if bidder number 50857 wasnt good for 95, their $60 shouldnt count either.

Page Howe

I agree, you should be charged $60 instead of $70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators