Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld Aussie Domain sells for $125,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNTrade

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
An expiring Aussie domain name was sold for an Australian record price today of $125,001.

The domain name was investmentproperty.com.au; and there were 65 bids in total at Netfleet who were the successful drop catcher. It also had bids at Drop.com.au for $110k. Congratulations Netfleet!

The buyer was an enduser builder.

The price blew even seasoned Aussie domainers away! http://www.dntrade.com.au/investmentproperty-com-au-t3746.html

All I can say is wow! And the person who previously owned the name and didn't renew it will feel a bit ill when they find out.

P.S. This has already made the main stream newspapers: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/te...hed-after-schoolboy-error-20110915-1kb4m.html

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are .com.au domains impossible to contact the owners, much like co.uk? I can only imagine how many millions of dollars is lost because there is no way to contac the owners if they don't have a proper site set up. i wonder if this was the case here because I'm sure they could of gotten it much cheaper had they contacted the owner before it expired.

DNTrade

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. Australia has a very good WhoIs system - registrants must generally list a "registrant contact email".

2. The onus is on the Registrant to keep their email address up to date (for obvious reasons).

3. Australian WhoIs does not publish expiry dates! So it makes it difficult to guess when a domain may expire.

Cheers, Ned

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators