Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

"authinfo code" for all .COM / .NET transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any other registrars doing this yet?

jim

"authinfo code" for all .COM / .NET transfers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help / FAQ
News Item
13 Sep 2006
.COM / .NET Transfer Protocol Change
Fabulous.com would like to announce that we have today changed protocols as required by the .COM / .NET central registry. This change is a mandatory implementation for all registrars by the 28th of October 2006.

While this change provides a variety of additional security measures, the most significant change for domain name holders is the required "authinfo code" for all .COM / .NET transfers.

If you are transferring a domain into the Fabulous.com registry you will need to obtain the "authinfo code" from your current domain name registrar.

To obtain the default "authinfo code" to transfer your domain out of the Fabulous.com registry, simply visit the 'Manage' => 'Domains' section of your account.

Update: The following new features have now been implemented by our technical support staff:

The ability to paste domains along with authinfo codes in the 'Transfer Bulk Domains' window.

The ability to assign unique individual/group authinfo codes for domains being transferred out of the Fabulous registry

The ability to submit domain transfer requests from registrars who have yet to change their protocol, simply leave the "Auth Code" field blank.

If you would like clarification on how to obtain an "authinfo code" or have any additional questions of concerns please contact our 24 hour Support Team.

Kind regards,

Fabulous.com
[email protected]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Domain Summit 2024

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have not seen any of the other major registrars even mention it yet.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think what usually happened before was that some registrars like Godaddy already required such a code for any domain transfer to or from another regitrar

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are a few registrars already requiring auth # for .com/.net
It's a step in the right direction. Today it has become too easy to hijack a name, all it takes is a non-working admin E-mail or unwary domain holder.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are a few registrars already requiring auth # for .com/.net
It's a step in the right direction. Today it has become too easy to hijack a name, all it takes is a non-working admin E-mail or unwary domain holder.

I agree , ICANN finaly does something right.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think what usually happened before was that some registrars like Godaddy already required such a code for any domain transfer to or from another regitrar

They are 2 different issues. The current GD codes are GD company policies and far different vs the registry required auth codes, such as required with .us and the .org epp code for example.

memmst

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GD doing this for a month already

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GD doing this for a month already

Auth Code from godaddy.com as the "Gaining registrar" or Auth Code for the domain Transfering-in generated from the "losing registar" ??

jim

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was asked for an authorisation code from a purchaser transfering a .net to Aplus.net.

I told the purchaser that I thought this was a mistake and eventually he submitted the request without an authorisation code.

If it is a new change, it is going to mean an awful lot of extra work when consilidating domains or transferring a large number of domain from one registrar to another.

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I would just like to make a note that this is a change in protocol as required by the .COM / .NET central registry. This change is mandatory for all ICANN accredited registrars to have integrated by the 28th of October 2006.

As noted already, the most significant change for domain name holders is the required "authinfo code" for all .COM / .NET transfers.

If you are transferring a domain into the Fabulous.com registry you will need to obtain the "authinfo code" from your current domain name registrar.

Up until October 28th, if the losing registrar has not yet implemented the new system, we can still process transfers without the authinfo code, by leaving this field blank.

However after this date you will need to contact the losing registrar directly in order to obtain an authinfo code.

To acquire an "authinfo code" to transfer your domain out of the Fabulous.com registry, please visit the 'Manage' => 'Domains' section of your account.

If you would like clarification on how to obtain an authinfo code or have any additional questions of concerns please contact myself or our 24 hour Support Team ([email protected])

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice timing, should be phased in just as flipping IDNs becomes a long distant memory!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This really needs more promotion.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember when Domainasite first implemented the authinfo codes, the authinfo code for any domain in an account was PASSWORD to access that account !

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Off topic but Denny may i know which script you have used for your filez.com ?

Its "home made" java servlet, but anyway - the script itselves is unimportant, the index is the key.
I am using Alexa Web Search Platform now and soon will add own crawl of ftp servers (bot is programmed in java too).
It is quite complex application not a $9.99 from greatandhotscripts.biz ;)

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember when Domainasite first implemented the authinfo codes, the authinfo code for any domain in an account was PASSWORD to access that account !

And you had to change your password every time you pushed a domain because the authinfo code stayed the same and the new owner would have your password....whether they knew it or not

jim

BTW 3 days left til mandatory implementation for all registrars by the 28th of October 2006.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just initiated transfer to Enom and they already required authinfo so I put there "none"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom