Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

auto-posting all incoming e-mails to website -> legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My concern is not just with the legality of posting emails public in this manner but spam control. You are bound to get spam and you can filter it but some are going to get through. Let's say you have so many emails come in that it makes it tough to weed through and delete spam.

In that sense your website could become associated with spam and become black listed at search engines and possibly your email account.

And once a spammer(s) realizes what you are doing (allowing emails to be published automatically, live) they will have a field day.

Domain Summit 2024

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And once a spammer(s) realizes what you are doing (allowing emails to be published automatically, live) they will have a field day.

Tia's got it!

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My concern is not just with the legality of posting emails public in this manner but spam control. You are bound to get spam and you can filter it but some are going to get through. Let's say you have so many emails come in that it makes it tough to weed through and delete spam.

In that sense your website could become associated with spam and become black listed at search engines and possibly your email account.

OK, so first it needs to be de-spammed, and then it needs to be converted into JPG files so it can't be read by bots.

Thanks for the insight ;-)

Alexander

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, so by "de spamming" it, you are now choosing which emails to post. This action re-affirms your intentional "harm" towards the TM holder.

Brilliant!

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, so by "de spamming" it, you are now choosing which emails to post. This action re-affirms your intentional "harm" towards the TM holder.

Brilliant!

Well, gmail shall de-spam it then. I wouldn't take any active part in the de-spamming act. And a little spam-leftover wouldn't do any harm, right? It's authentic. We just want to prevent to have 99% spam and 1% real mails.

Alexander

Alexander

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You don't really want to keep this domain, do you?

Tim Schoon

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why would you care about this company anyway..? If they don't get those emails, it's not your problem.

If they would really want the emails they're not getting now - they should buy your domain, or instruct people to send them to the right addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom