Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

avoiding scams

kixsix6

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi, i recently started buying domain names. I was contacted by a gentleman from tradera.com who told me that he has a client who is interested in five of my domains. He is requiring me to certify the domains, and he says that the topdomainsales.net will be providing the escrow services. Im just curious if anyone out there has done business with an associate of tradera.com before, and if anyone is familiar with topdomainsales.net.

Thanks,
Kixsix6

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the domain appraisal scam.
But Tradera is a legitimate site. I think he just impersonated the company to confuse you.
I bet he told you he has a large budget too.

kixsix6

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, i was told the "client" did have a large budget.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
he probably told you where to get the certified appraisals. if you fall for it he (scammer) will get some of that money as kickback even if the appraiser's site is not his. or he has a way to get all the money you'll spend on that.
-after that he'll tell you his client's backing out as he can't close on the sale. do not fall for this.

kixsix6

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I told him that i new what kind of business he was running and didnt want to continue correspondence. He asked "why?" And i told him that the alias he is using is actually the name of a Swedish hockey player, and i informed him the the domain, topdomainsales.com, is only 16 days old and it raises suspicion. He hasnt replied back.

ulterios

Don't look back, it's confusing!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
As @katherine said above, this sounds like a very common appraisal scam. People will come up with all kids of stories that eventually lead to you paying for a domain appraisal.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom