Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

legal Balance of payments issue from leading industry domainer/broker Kevin Leto

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suspect it's more likely to be an issue involving a sad combination of cash flow/financial difficulties, poor liquidity, combined with cash flow problems and work/information overload. Just guessing and only my 2 cents.
So, is the broker broke ? :?:

Domain Summit 2024

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ahmed, you are a bright fella... Right?

So... If one can't successfully develop a 7 figure domain after so many years... Somethings' not right.

Why did people buy into these "minisites" ?

http://men.com/ this is a link farm, and it's been that way for maybe 1 - 2 years... The minisites I've seen done by Kevin are worth -$0. Lets keep it real :)

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no clue what you said. My problem is Kevin taking my money (actually, one of my partner's, but same shit) and essentially running with it.

Not a hard concept to grasp.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, well, next time you should think twice and do your research with whoever you are getting involved with.... Because when you are dealing with people who have "no clue" what they are doing, this is exactly what happens. Not a very surprising end-result, is it?

Kevin is good at pitching this and that, sales, etc... Been around forever. But development was never one of his strength's.

Live and learn.

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm being lectured about someone scamming me for a grand.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not lecturing you my friend, but you hold some responsibility as well... Throwing money blindly at somebody promising you this and that is not very smart. Easy to play victim once shit hits the fan... But you should know better :)

KRL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ahmed your site is larger scale site. It's not a pop tart deal. A lot of creative work has to go into it. You will like it.

God almighty.

This thread is getting to be surreal. ENOUGH ALREADY. Everyone has made their points and I have listened to all the gripes
and stayed professional.

This has been a very stress filled year. My mother has been hospitalized since January near death and I have that to deal
with that every day on top of all my projects, brokering work, a domain market where you have to work
twice as hard as before, new projects, fielding e-mails day and night for domain negotiations for clients, and on and on. I
work 7 days a week and only get a few hours sleep to keep up with everything. And it is grueling but I keep on going.

So please can we take a time out here so I can my jobs done and get James all situated and happy and the FID program all worked out so
everyone is pleased with the results. Please have a bit of compassion after all the bashing.

Thank you all,

Kevin

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Victim? Dude took my money, delivered nothing. Doesn't matter what was promised when nothing is delivered.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

If you couldn't do what you said you would, then you refund the money. Pretty simple.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Victim? Dude took my money, delivered nothing. Doesn't matter what was promised when nothing is delivered.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

If you couldn't do what you said you would, then you refund the money. Pretty simple.

Kevin, if you haven't done his site yet, refund the money.

-=DCG=-

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On the theme that no publicity is bad publicity, maybe all this bad publicity could be used to promote an (avoiding) BANKRUCY SALE. Sent out a press release saying (former) owner of Men.com forced to sell his domain names.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you don't have the cash to settle your obligations, how about offering domains or sites in liu?

razorblade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UPDATE TO SITUATION!

Ehhm......nothing whatsoever. Kevin Leto still refuses to honor his obligations & still has my money along with alot of others aswell.

im sure my payments will be given to me any minute now as i am 'top of the priority list'...a list stretching back now for almost two months.

Kevin Leto is smooth talking his way off a cliff.

Will anyone ever believe a word this 'person' has to say, agree, promise, appease, or put in contract........?

I didn't think so..

KRL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
James you've gotten 10 of 12 income payments and your 2 clients cycles are at 6 of 12 payments which
complete this fall.

When we got into the argument about payments coming in on the exact day vs within each month on varying days,
we got into a heated discussion and you started threatening me. I told you I needed to restructure
some of the components to make the deal viable for my side of the equation too, and you wouldn't
accept that. And then harmonious communications went south and we're here.

My philosophy is when you're an entrepreneur and your operating in an economy like we are today
in this world of financial volatility and unpredictability you have to keep each venture standing on
it's own and you have to have flexibility to adapt to changing market conditions so the ventures
ride through the storms happening out there. If one venture's ship isn't sailing well you give it your
utmost attention and do all you can but you can't sink other ships in the fleet by makeing their
resources go down too.

Anyway enough arguing back and forth.

I have good news, and a large deal closing so I can allocate some personal funds to FID to get
your final 2 payments timely and paid. Assuming all goes well on the closing on Monday, we'll
be good to go after the wires clear and we can get this behind us.

Peace

Kevin

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

And Monday would be when the wires are expected to go out from the buyer and then have to hit and then
distribute out to each of the brokers. So figure mid to end of next week to get you happy.

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

Shaun,

I like this video better.

No matter what the calamity, and how crazy the situation gets, you stay on mission and loyal to your friends to the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3TM9GL2iLI

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

James, also it's fine by me if you and your 2 clients want to monetize the domains at another
parking compay while we complete the FID payment cycle terms on each.

It's also fine by me if you and the 2 clients sell their domains to cash out ahead of the FID payment
cycle terms and they don't have to stay on the network.

Kev

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

And if you do want to go ahead and sell your 4 domains and the 2 client domains e-mail
me the prices to put on them and I'll get them out on the newsletter this morning.

So this way you'll make money from the remaining 2 payments plus more money from selling
your FID domains too.

Kev

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

For Everyone on this thread:

If James decides he wants to sell his 4 domains and his 2 clients now and you aren't on my newsletter
already e-mail me and I'll send to you to review. Or James can post the 6 domains on the thread with
the prices and his e-mail if you prefer to contact James directly to buy and close a deal on them.

This will give James the opportunity to make evn more money than he has already and on top of his remaining 2 payments.

razorblade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you twist everything to your own way of thinking - what a weasel - i wont even bother putting up the exchange of facebook pms and emails (unless you want me to Kevin - to show you out and that you have a warped sense of your self and what was promised vs what was delivered.)

And you owe me still for the six months that you were paying me for the two clients i bought in - because unlike you - i gave them my word that you were to be trusted and now that u have fuxxed up - i will still shoulder the responsibility to pay them on time every month.

As to youir comment and video to shaun - does one stay 'loyal' to bernie maddof, jeffery dahmer etc etc - most parents would shop their own kids for that - there is a huge difference between a true calamity - such as the japanese tzunami and the man made calamity - which is kevin letos word & reputation

KRL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes and your clients terms complete in August. Those will be honored also each month.

Kevin

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

James I'm staying professional. I'm not going to get into a mudfest. I've outlined ways above
for you to make even more money. I sent you e-mails today also. So please e-mail back to me.

Kevin

razorblade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the fact that you think that there is even the remotest possibility that I would want to advertise anything ever in your newsletter again other than a skull and crossbones warning label shows just how deeply in denial you are about your situation..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com