Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

legal Balance of payments issue from leading industry domainer/broker Kevin Leto

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All is good. James and I are back on positive speaking terms and communicating productively. I'm updating him continuosly.

Several posts here are out of context on certain things, but whatever. I'm very busy right now getting deals completed and
working on resolving things with the FID program so all are happy campers again.

Kevin

Domain Summit 2024

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All is good. James and I are back on positive speaking terms and communicating productively. I'm updating him continuosly.

Several posts here are out of context on certain things, but whatever. I'm very busy right now getting deals completed and
working on resolving things with the FID program so all are happy campers again.

Kevin

All is not good. I still don't have my money back, much less the magic end of March date in this thread (but never emailed/PMed me about) seems to have arrived with nary another word.

daddybat

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Kevin

I'm a bit late to this conversation, but I would like to go back to your promise to me to develop 12 sites that I paid you over $900 for. I let this go a while back because I received nothing but promises that were never fulfilled. I was tired of following up to receive my sites, and I didn't feel like fighting for a refund at the time.

In retrospect, that probably was not a good choice on my part. It's very clear that I'm not the only person that had this experience. So I would like to ask for a refund for the sites that were never built and delivered. I should never have had to even keep asking about and following up with this.

I know that you've mentioned some difficulties that you've been having, and truly, I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm not trying to kick you while you're down. But really, it's way overdue that you address this to MY satisfaction. Please let me know - via this thread - how you plan to do that. I'm not really interested in a PM or a phone call about this at this time.

razorblade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh dear, oh dear,oh dear, this situation is getting worse by the day.

Kevin - do you have an actual date that you will be paying me, now that you have received the funds from your sales - the wires should have been sent by now - no?

Giode

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have good news, and a large deal closing so I can allocate some personal funds to FID to get
your final 2 payments timely and paid. Assuming all goes well on the closing on Monday, we'll
be good to go after the wires clear and we can get this behind us.

Any news on the sale. Did it close ok?

KRL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any news on the sale. Did it close ok?

Yes it just closed successfully. Lot of work but well worth all the effort.

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

Hundreds and hundreds of sites were completed folks. I've always priced these below the costs to produce them with the
expectation my profits would come down the road from advertising sales or in thanks for brokerage biz from a client.

Most starter size sites were done for only $75 to $150. Plus free hosting and maintaining the sites for software updates,
continuity for content at no cost, etc. When you do that many sites the work load never ends, especially when you have to
go back and do content and software updates, coding changes, etc. Anyone who has done sites on this scale can appreciate
the energy that goes into them. Sometimes when a new site dev starts there are changes in the SE algorithms that have to
be reworked across the network. The point is it's always something to deal with when you're building sites and you keep as
fast a pace as production time allows to produce a site that works well.

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes it just closed successfully. Lot of work but well worth all the effort.

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

Hundreds and hundreds of sites were completed folks. I've always priced these below the costs to produce them with the
expectation my profits would come down the road from advertising sales or in thanks for brokerage biz from a client.

Most starter size sites were done for only $75 to $150. Plus free hosting and maintaining the sites for software updates,
continuity for content at no cost, etc. When you do that many sites the work load never ends, especially when you have to
go back and do content and software updates, coding changes, etc. Anyone who has done sites on this scale can appreciate
the energy that goes into them. Sometimes when a new site dev starts there are changes in the SE algorithms that have to
be reworked across the network. The point is it's always something to deal with when you're building sites and you keep as
fast a pace as production time allows to produce a site that works well.

An excuse of "my business model was/is terrible" is not an excuse. It is a scam.

As daddybat mentioned, he paid you a lot of money a while ago and didn't see anything. Why didn't you refund the money? This isn't about SEs changing, this is about seeing nothing after putting in $x. How is this difficult to comprehend?

KRL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ahmed you're Real Estate site is looking great. I sent you a PM update. Please stop being malicious.

I've acknowledged issues with the FID and I'm dealing with them as stated in my posts. I've acknowledged dev work and taking care of
any dev orders outstanding. Like I stated prior I've done hundreds of sites for clients that were completed successfuly.

daddybat

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
An excuse of "my business model was/is terrible" is not an excuse. It is a scam.

As daddybat mentioned, he paid you a lot of money a while ago and didn't see anything. Why didn't you refund the money? This isn't about SEs changing, this is about seeing nothing after putting in $x. How is this difficult to comprehend?

At this point - I would just prefer a refund. WAY too much time has passed, and I should never have allowed that. Busy or not, and personal troubles aside - I paid over $900 for sites that were never delivered.

Once I stopped following up - nothing but a deafening silence......

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ahmed you're Real Estate site is looking great. I sent you a PM update. Please stop being malicious.

Kevin, save your rep and do what's right before the door slams all the way closed. Typing "Kevin Leto" into Google bring this up on the very first page:

http://www.solorwell.com/kevin-leto-is-a-fraud/

Get your pal Rick The Ego That Roared Domain King Schwartz to lend you a few bucks and then you can feed just one guy excuses rather than a dozen who want your throat.

I think it's high time to change the thread title back to "scam". This guy's denial just ain't funny any more.

razorblade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kevin, save your rep and do what's right before the door slams all the way closed. Typing "Kevin Leto" into Google bring this up on the very first page:

http://www.solorwell.com/kevin-leto-is-a-fraud/

Get your pal Rick The Ego That Roared Domain King Schwartz to lend you a few bucks and then you can feed just one guy excuses rather than a dozen who want your throat.

I think it's high time to change the thread title back to "scam". This guy's denial just ain't funny any more.

What i find so fuxxing hypocritical is that Rick Shwartz goes all out on a reputation assasination of chef patrick - because he couldnt face another day of holding the huge secret that CP had the huge audacity and moral vacuum to look up a whois.....

i am not defending CP, i am just showing how hypocritical and corrupt this industry is when Rick Shwartz has no problem not saying a word about any of the implications of this thread, where one of his mates who was a guest speaker at the TRAFFIC conference ends up with lots of people hurling pretty serious allegations of scamming and fraud in kevin letos direction.....

Where is Ricks sense of outrage that was so easily and publically thrown Chef Particks way????

KRL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've made Rick a lot of money over the years well into 7 figs. I have a lot clients that I've made a lot of money for besides Rick.
I've had a lot of domains brokered successfully. I've had a lot of sites built successfully.

There is no company on the planet that doesn't have complaints, disputes, issues, both happy and unhappy customers.
I work my ass off 7 days a week. I'm not perfect and will never claim to be. If there is a mistake I will fix it. And I will
work my ass off until any unhappy client is happy again.

WTF I'm standing here acknowledging issues publicly with everyone who posted in this thread. Sure it is awful to go through
this experience, and get your rep bashed, but a lot is being learned, and more people have emailed me messages of "hang in there"
and other kind words of support than the number who have bashed me so that is one salvation from this thread.

So everyone please stop telling me how to run my business. After a decade of domaining 99% of my clients are pleased with the work
I've provided. I'm doing the right thing and fixing each issue for any who are not pleased. I can not fix every issue at once.

I have, am, and will always do my best and work with the goal to never have even one client out of thousands unhappy.

Kevin

razorblade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've made Rick a lot of money over the years well into 7 figs.

Well thanks for explaining the million reasons why Rick is keeping his mouth shut on this thread.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no company on the planet that doesn't have complaints, disputes, issues, both happy and unhappy customers.

Unless one is selling commodities, there are always going to be unsatisfied customers.

Usually the further one gets from easily defined commodities and towards creative work does one end up with more unhappy customers. All an artist, consultant, or web designer can say is this is what I did for past clients A, B, and C. I’ll try to do something of the same quality for you, but until I put 100 hours of work into it, neither you nor I will know what the work will be like.

This does not look like the uncertainty described here.

Dissatisfaction also come from over promising (either because one is hopelessly optimistic or a fraud) and under delivering.

digicoremedia

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At this point - I would just prefer a refund. WAY too much time has passed, and I should never have allowed that. Busy or not, and personal troubles aside - I paid over $900 for sites that were never delivered.

Once I stopped following up - nothing but a deafening silence......

Just file criminal charges, there are a host of possibilities. You guys can put this to an end one way or another. Go to Ron Jackson at DNJournal see if he will cover it.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've made Rick a lot of money over the years well into 7 figs.

Wasn’t Kevin's "definition" of “made” money, paying back about half?

This reminds me of the old joke:

How does one MAKE a small fortune on Wall Street?

Start with a large fortune.

But seriously, if one can’t back up statements that one made people seven figures, one might find one’s legal problems increasing.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So far all I've seen is more and more folks coming on this thread that feel absolutely burned.

The response? "I've done part of what I said" ... or "I've not done what I said I'd do at all, but you need to understand its not my fault"

Kevin, you're only digging a deeper hole. There are people that paid you for work/returns that they did not receive. Period. Own up to it and quit screwing around with all the spin already. All the self serving promotional spin in the world is not going to change the facts - you took peoples' money and are not delivering. Period.

So far I have not seen anybody that has come to this thread complaining come back and say "Kevin took care of it, he's a stand up guy" No, I just keep seeing you continue to string everybody along.

razorblade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So far I have not seen anybody that has come to this thread complaining come back and say "Kevin took care of it, he's a stand up guy" No, I just keep seeing you continue to string everybody along.

Make what you will of this email response from Kevin:

The wire is being sent the 8th from Europe. It was originally coming earlier but the buyer asked for
more time because of the size of the deal.

As soon as it hits the US I'll get a wire sent the following day.

Kevin - In this email to me last night - you have conveniently given yourself a further eight day delay minimum before you start to wire me money. Yet your deal closed yesterday 'successfully' as you stated on the 1st April.

Do you understand why i am getting more and more sceptical. I have seen no money at all despite this thread being on the 12th March...And even when you close a deal - there is yet another reason why you wont pay me what you owe.

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So far all I've seen is more and more folks coming on this thread that feel absolutely burned.

The response? "I've done part of what I said" ... or "I've not done what I said I'd do at all, but you need to understand its not my fault"

Kevin, you're only digging a deeper hole. There are people that paid you for work/returns that they did not receive. Period. Own up to it and quit screwing around with all the spin already. All the self serving promotional spin in the world is not going to change the facts - you took peoples' money and are not delivering. Period.

Harold...always a breath of fresh air. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom