Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news .bank New Gtld Will Open From May 2015

ravdn

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.Bank is more secure web domain for bankers or banking community. Only Banks or Banking related organisations/regulators are eligible for .Bank domain.

Banking community will like .BANK domains due to enhanced security requirements.

.Bank new gtld sunrise will open from May 2015.

Further you can read on http://www.encirca.com/bank/Bank-INTA-2015.pdf

Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.Bank is more secure web domain for bankers or banking community. Only Banks or Banking related organisations/regulators are eligible for .Bank domain.
It's always the same flawed promise from restricted TLDs like .pro (in the past) or .jobs where the application has to be vetted in order to be granted the domain.
That has never worked. Why ?
Because the banks already have their domain names and they are good enough. Their current URLs are already trusted. So why bother ? If I type citibank.com, I known I am talking to Citibank (*).

Businesses will not change their URLs unless they must for regulatory reasons.

For example Brazil has plenty of third levels under .br, the most common is of course .com.br but there is also B.BR for bank institutions, with mandatory use of DNSSEC. But even in Brazil I don't think it is a legal requirement that the banks use B.BR.
In fact there are 249 regs only...

(*) Not completely true, because you could be victim of a MITM or DNS poisoning attack, but we have SSL & DNSSEC to thwart those kinds of attacks. No need for more extensions.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators