• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed BarackObama08.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdomainnames

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2006
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
It's official...he's in the race.

Type in traffic is slowly but steadily picking up on this site.

Any idea as to the value of this one? I've received some lowball offers but am wondering what you all think that this one is actually worth.

Thanks!
 
take the first offer you feel is not a low ball offer.
this will be the first and last time he runs if not elected ?!?!?!?!
 
Great domain IMO. Maybe low xxx to a reseller, however if you could get the Democrats to buy it (it's worth an e-mail :P), then maybe xxxx?
 
Thanks for the input.

Right now, it's looking to me like it's definately worth more than low xxx for me to just hold the name. It's currently got about a 30% click through rate on Sedo.
 
Thanks for the input.

Right now, it's looking to me like it's definately worth more than low xxx for me to just hold the name. It's currently got about a 30% click through rate on Sedo.

Yeah but that's curious traffic and not clickers???
 
I do think that at least some of the current traffic is from curiousity, but what do you mean that there isn't clickers? right now, I'm making about $1/day from people clicking on the sedo links and that amount does seem to be steadily increasing over the past few months with occasional spikes in activity surrounding big Obama news stories.
 
I do think that at least some of the current traffic is from curiousity, but what do you mean that there isn't clickers? right now, I'm making about $1/day from people clicking on the sedo links and that amount does seem to be steadily increasing over the past few months with occasional spikes in activity surrounding big Obama news stories.

What I was asking was is it mostly curious traffic from Sedo and not type-ins?
 
What I was asking was is it mostly curious traffic from Sedo and not type-ins?

Hmm...I'm not sure how I could determine that one. But if it was just "curious sedo traffic" then I wouldn't really expect so many of them to be clicking on the sponsored links.
 
Hmm...I'm not sure how I could determine that one. But if it was just "curious sedo traffic" then I wouldn't really expect so many of them to be clicking on the sponsored links.

Yeah either would I. Well done, looks like you might have a winner. Numbers in the domain gives it a shelf life though.
 
Numbers in the domain gives it a shelf life though.
Very well put. He has not won the nomination yet. If he should, then expect huge traffic numbers. The only exception would be your own competition such as Obame08.com. I wonder how many people actually know his first name or know how to spell it at present. In time, none of that will matter. Even during the priliminaries you may see (and enjoy!) large traffic and hopefully PPC.

Sit on it, park it, enjoy it for awhile. Should he get the democratic nomination, dude...ya did good.

That's why, to me, tough to appraise at this very moment in time. Tough to appraise as the name is pure speculative in nature and dated.
 
Yah, that's a good point about his first name...his name recognition isn't the greatest at this point...but since his the official campaign site is barackobama.com, it looks like first name recognition is really something that the campaign itself isn't all that worried about going into the future
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom