• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale BEACHIE.COM at Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
2,003
Reaction score
8
Final bid $1050, with about 10 people bidding - I didn't realize I was that famous.. :-D

I didn't bid on it (only bothered to reg the .net and .org a few days ago). I wonder who did? It will be interesting to see the whois.

2310 results in google, 0 results in overture, with or without extension.

Maybe they thought they were bidding against me :laugh: I can think of better things to spend $1000 on..
 
heheh

Don't worry.

DCG owns my name. "jordanschwartz.com"
 
Final bid = $1050? %+|

Maybe someone is buying you a birthday present?
 
At least you were able to register the .net and .org.

BD owns my name in .org :cheeky:

And, ActNow is taken in .com, .net, .org, .info, and .biz. :-(
 
Beachie said:
Final bid $1050, with about 10 people bidding - I didn't realize I was that famous.. :-D

I didn't bid on it (only bothered to reg the .net and .org a few days ago). I wonder who did? It will be interesting to see the whois.

2310 results in google, 0 results in overture, with or without extension.

Maybe they thought they were bidding against me :laugh: I can think of better things to spend $1000 on..

Life's a beachie.. Wouldn't it be hilarious if pool sends ya an email saying you're the next runner up at $60.
 
JoltHost said:
Life's a beachie.. Wouldn't it be hilarious if pool sends ya an email saying you're the next runner up at $60.

Now that's funny!! :laugh:
 
Hey Beachie,

I was wondering if you were watching this one over at Pool. I figured it was you bidding as well... I bet Ult got it. I bid my $90 so I could watch it... ;)

Ult has been pissing me off lately... paying thousands for mediocre domains.

For awhile, they disappeared and I got some great bargains. Now, they're back and buying up everything --good prices or not.

-Wesley
 
puravida said:
Ult has been pissing me off lately... paying thousands for mediocre domains.

For awhile, they disappeared and I got some great bargains. Now, they're back and buying up everything --good prices or not.

Yeah, I've never seen anyone get so much money for crap.

All of a sudden I've been seeing domains at pool go for $3-6/ovt+ext when they are clearly bad names.

Makes me wonder if there is really a new strategy out there, or if someone with too much money to blow has gotten into the game, or if an old player like ult is just trying to throw the rest of us off.
 
Nameable said:
Yeah, I've never seen anyone get so much money for crap.

All of a sudden I've been seeing domains at pool go for $3-6/ovt+ext when they are clearly bad names.

Makes me wonder if there is really a new strategy out there, or if someone with too much money to blow has gotten into the game, or if an old player like ult is just trying to throw the rest of us off.

Hi nameable,

I would guess the latter. Every major name I've wanted (and hundreds that I didn't want, but were on the lower end of mediocre) have been bought by Ult in Pool auctions.

I mean, it's so sad. Like they got a name recently that I couldn't afford to outbid them on because I am spent out this month from some other large purchases. So, they got it at a steal for only $1,200.

What makes me sick is that Ult is going to sit back and make 20 cents per day on their stupid, ugly little click page. I could've easily converted the traffic and earned $15-$20/day off of that traffic!

It makes me sick to see how much money they've wasted by parking great names to their sh*tty little page. I could make so much more with some of their names (like I'm doing with the scraps I do get).

They even paid $32,000+ for infohiway.com a few months back. The traffic that it receives appears to be about 100-250 uniques per day. If we are generous and assume a 50% CTR (which is generous for their crappy little page), and then we assume at least a 50c/click (since they probably have some great PPC agreements). We come up to $62.50/day --AT BEST.

That means -at best- they might recoup their investment in about 2 years. I can sure think of a TON of better domains for much better ROI than that. I do realize that the domain is basically free after the two years, but in the meantime; the investment is tied up. It's a mediocre investment.

They are basically making 50% return on their money per year (great by mutual funds standards), but I typically turn an annualized 500% on each and every domain I buy - minimum.

I can take $32,000 all day long every day and flip it for a 100% profit. They make me sick when I see them wasting all this money --just so that no one else can get a piece of the action.

[/rant] ;)

-Wesley
 
puravida said:
I mean, it's so sad. Like they got a name recently that I couldn't afford to outbid them on because I am spent out this month from some other large purchases. So, they got it at a steal for only $1,200.

Maybe its a blessing in disguide, pu. :-D

Talk about sad, I was in an auction for a .NET name sniping as usual at the last minute, but couldn't click on the submit button because I didn't realise the computer I was using at that time had javascript disabled. BD got the name for $120, but will probably take it to their grave.

I think Ults is just having some fun with those bids, he's got all the money he wants. He sold me a name once which was important to me, so I've kinda like to give that guy a break.
 
mole said:
I think Ults is just having some fun with those bids, he's got all the money he wants. He sold me a name once which was important to me, so I've kinda like to give that guy a break.

Whoa! You actually bought a domain from them? I've never heard a success story from someone who got a name away from ult... Would you share what you did? If you don't want to post, at least pm me, please.

I have a client whose company name is fairly generic and ult/ye has owned the .com for longer than they've been in business.
 
mole said:
Talk about sad, I was in an auction for a .NET name sniping as usual at the last minute, but couldn't click on the submit button because I didn't realise the computer I was using at that time had javascript disabled. BD got the name for $120, but will probably take it to their grave.

I think Ults is just having some fun with those bids, he's got all the money he wants. He sold me a name once which was important to me, so I've kinda like to give that guy a break.

Hey Mole,

Wow. That does suck! Man, I was watching a name I valued at more than $1,000 and Pool grabbed it. The day the auction expired, I overslept -right through the alarm. The final bid? Ult for $110!! ARGH.

By the way... I don't want to split the thread, but I was curious if anyone knows anything about Ult? Like country, # of people working to bid on/find names for him, etc?

I just tried to look up some info in Whois, but tucows just goes to 404 for me.

Regards,

Wesley
 
I traded UltSearch for VirtualLab.com.

He(?) was very nice to deal with.
 
mole said:
I think Ults is just having some fun with those bids, he's got all the money he wants. He sold me a name once which was important to me, so I've kinda like to give that guy a break.
I think Mole is Yun Ye :-D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom