• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Beat Pool, NW & TFN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2003
Messages
3,743
Reaction score
0
Did backorders with Pool, NW & TFN for a .org that I wanted (probably not much competition but I wanted a good chance to get it!).
Got up this morning and checked the Pool account, as it was scheduled to drop yesterday - account still showed it as awaiting the drop. Checked with PIR.org and saw "maybe available" so attempted a hand reg with Enom - "successful".
Just goes to show, it's always worth a check to see if you can get it on your own - but what were the other three doing with such an easy catch - getting lazy I guess!
 
now you got me paranoid.
I am going to check some domains that I wanted for personal reasons that werent caught, who knows, maybe they are available???
:-)
 
Just make sure you really got it regged via the whois once the propagation is complete. Godaddy & Enom does really funny stuff when it comes to domains like this waiting to be dropped. I had a similar situation, had the name hand regged to later find that Godaddy made a mistake and refunded back the reg fee to my cc.

NW
 
Whois from PIR.org showed it was mine within moments of Enom confirming the reg. :-)
 
Sometimes, we get lucky.
Unfortunately, this situation is the exception to the rule.

Congratulations on catching the name.
 
Mr Webname said:
Did backorders with Pool, NW & TFN for a .org that I wanted (probably not much competition but I wanted a good chance to get it!).
Got up this morning and checked the Pool account, as it was scheduled to drop yesterday - account still showed it as awaiting the drop. Checked with PIR.org and saw "maybe available" so attempted a hand reg with Enom - "successful".
Just goes to show, it's always worth a check to see if you can get it on your own - but what were the other three doing with such an easy catch - getting lazy I guess!

What name was it, web?
 
mole said:
What name was it, web?

Nothing of great general value mole, but useful to me - thesecurity.org.
Used as "The Security Organization" it will compliment several of my security-related sites and was, for me, a good catch and saved paying $60min (Pool), $45min (TFN) or $8.75 (NW).
Irrespective of its being of little value to resellers I am surprised that at least two of the three catch services made no attempt to profit from my desire to have the name.
 
seems it was deleted outside the drop window and BO services doesn't run checks outside the drop window?

weird.
 
Not so - it was listed at Pool where I had a BO on it, they just didn't bother to collect!
 
Don't tell people this sssshhhh :-/
 
Had pool do that to me.
I logged in and saw a few names set to drop on a date that was a few weeks ago, and hand regged them all. Pool missed a few.
Saved me $53 on each one, just glad I got them finally.
I suggest checking pool - log in and try to hand reg any name you had a backorder on and you will see, chances are you too can find names they ignore.
 
I have followed .org's for some time now, and they are not nearly as predictable as .net or .com. They can "drop" nearly anytime during the day, and often they will not drop the day that you calculate for them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom