Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Being reasonable about the amount of threads and bumps in the marketplace section

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I believe there isn't currently any restriction about how many threads can be created and how often they can be bumped in the "marketplace" section, which is GREAT! But it should be to US (everybody) to stay reasonable and not abuse that freedom and possibility.

I feel (only my own opinion) maybe we could create ONE thread with several names when we have many to sell we want to talk about.
And not create one thread for each name, which takes a lot of space in the list and when we go in "what's new".
You can still publish as many details you want inside your post.

( @CupidName.com : Sorry dude, but I'm thinking about you. I get you may want all the info to appear directly in the titles, but it does fill "what's new" for everybody every time you bump all your threads. Make one great title people will want to click and put all the info inside your thread. Don't you think? )

Upvote 1

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NP handled you for violating some rules
Of course they did. And I guess you know it pretty well. Because that's what they do. As soon as you say anything which displease them. And well, saying things which displease people is what I do (I always try to be fair and honest, though. Which really doesn't help with this kind of people, usually ;))

Domain summit 2024

DapperJohn

Level 3
Reaction score
And you do care so much about DNF that you would want to impose things which would make it more like NP?
There is a whole vaxx parallel here. And what I do think is totally nuts.

I don't see any use of having 2 places do the same exact stuff (which I despise, on top of things). Different is good. More open and more freedom is good. You stay free to go to the place which suits you best, don"t you? Why do you want so hard to ruin it for people NOT wanting what you want (and have available!) ? (Rhetorical questions)
You would be naive to think there won't be rules here. They already exist. They may change but there will be times when mods enforce those rules. Do you really want a free for all, anything goes? I'm sure NP would love to see that happen. Just watch the wreckage from a distance.

In fact, I'm all for it. Let's do Domains General approach.

No rules, true freedom. Let's start today.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Who the hell did say I didn't want any rule... except things YOU are making up right now?
Bye.

CupidName.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know (and I never ran into them, on my side. Never tried to, either).
The guy just bumped 18 threads, which he does regularly (maybe every 12 hours, yes).
And you can bump as many threads as exist? Or is it one membership status which does allow at least 18 bumps?
It directly fills your "what's new", which I find a little unfortunate, especially if several people start to do this kind of things.

CupidName.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never liked this approach as you will never see if they contribute something useful elsewhere, at least not at first.

Instead, as we went in a direction of "community ownership", I felt like you should be able to own your experience while here on DNForum. In doing so, you have the option to ignore a user completely, like everywhere, of course. However, you never had control over everything you see.

With Epik's help, now, you do!

Hide a thread. Hide an entire forum. Own your experience.

I bet you'll want this feature on all forums you are a part of after this now too.

Practice link: https://www.dnforum.com/threads/hideme-com.600097/

You all just can't be patient enough for me to roll these features out and make one nice tidy announcement. I feel like I'm babysitting a bunch of children! 😆

#BeEpik #DNForum
Semper Fi

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
We will consolidate all our listing into one post.
Yeah. If you want me to be honest (probably not, but I'm going to do it anyway): I find it very unfortunate that you continued for 3 weeks, and even went up to 30 threads bumped as much as you could, without considering to change anything or even engaging in this thread (I did tag you in the first post!)

I found that behavior outrageous, and I had a pretty hard time even understanding how one can do this. But hey, it wasn't my place to say anything nor do anything (I only raised an opinion as another forum participant, that's all)

And now that rules are going to change for everybody (mainly because of you) and that you won't be able to do it anymore, you come and say this!? Come on, you could just have continued to say nothing, it would have been better at this point.

Pretty incredible.
Yeah, yeah, i'm an a**hole for saying this, but isn't it true?
Anyway. It may be a bit late. But thank you for the answer specifically directed to me as the OP of this thread 👍

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators