• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed bennettcohen.com - Former MSoft exec site

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevesko

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
http://bennettcohen.com/

Rob Bennett, top Microsoft marketing exec (runs msn) is looking to buy his old site back.

He ran a consulting biz another msoft big wig ... cohen. hense, bennettcohen

I do want to be reasonable, what should I charge him..

Steve
 
Please appraise, I need to get back to him....
 
I guarantee if there was $6,500 in Box A and BennettCohen.com in Box B that he would choose Box B. That is how I place a value on things and I would tell him so.
 
to keep communications open IMO i'd offer it for $1500... then you know you got a future buyer with big pockets for the long run...
 
to keep communications open IMO i'd offer it for $1500... then you know you got a future buyer with big pockets for the long run...

He won't be buying other names. Business people rarely stand a chance in a UDRP dispute (see Ted Turner), so if you are ever going to get paid you need to get it here. $1,500 is basically giving it away because he cannot even think about getting it back without filing a dispute, and even though he wouldn't win the name it will cost him over $1,000 for the dispute plus attorney's fees.

I would either give it to him for free or stick up for yourself and get a good price. Tell him to buy the .net if he doesn't want it.
 
I would ask for at least $5k and reg the .net and .org if they arent taken and then give him all 3.
 
i would think you would need to put yourself in his postion, try to think what a person with a lot a money and obviously a new idea wants to spend (he obviously has a plan already), he certainly also has a limit on how much he wants to spend, if I had the domain I would shoot for 25-50K and tell him to remember that its tax deductable, see what he says and go from there
 
Thanks... I'll let you know how it goes..

He let it drop, and closed his business, he is not doing a UDRP. I also am not looking for the home run, tried that with Sony on another hot domain and they walked (I am doing well on PPC with that domain)...

I think I'll try 6500...

Steve
 
Bought .net and .org will offer it as a package.

thanks for that suggestion...

Steve
 
WhoDatDog - always one for a forthright opinion, I don't always agree, but sometimes I do - and this time I agree 100% - both comments right on the money.
 
He won't be buying other names. Business people rarely stand a chance in a UDRP dispute (see Ted Turner), so if you are ever going to get paid you need to get it here. $1,500 is basically giving it away because he cannot even think about getting it back without filing a dispute, and even though he wouldn't win the name it will cost him over $1,000 for the dispute plus attorney's fees.

I would either give it to him for free or stick up for yourself and get a good price. Tell him to buy the .net if he doesn't want it.

I appreciate your answers, but I think UDRP is the farthest thing from his mind... He let the name drop, he is an expert in this field - he runs MSN for god sake- , so I hardly think he can say it was an accident, there is no live TM, he closed his business, and let the business domain drop... now it sounds like several years later, he wants to reopen a similar business and wants his old name back.. Good links from new outlets to a domain name does not die on the web, that's partly why I bought it, I figured the links back from news articles will maintain their pagerank.

Well I sent the email for the package.. I didn't put a price - I figured let him suggest a price - the first one who throws out a price looses... Hopefully its more than what I wanted.. If not, I'll go back to my number..

Thanks again for the advise..

BTW, I've sold more names in the last 2 weeks than the last 3 years combined.... Whats up with that... I guess its time to go buying again myself. Just when I was getting frustrated that nothing was selling.

Steve
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom