• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Best monitor for the eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvestors

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
2,113
Reaction score
10
I have a 19" monitor that's burning the #!$%^! out of my eyes. I'm gonna be blind before I'm 30 at this rate. Are there any monitors out there that are easy on the eyes? someone told me ViewSonic...but I don't know much about them..yes? no? other recommendations? thanks!
 
get a bigger monitor and use a 1024x* resolution... you can find 19-20" monitors this days for around $200 - $300 tops.
 
I have 2, dell fp2001 models. They run about $500 each on ebay. I highly recommend them.
 
thanks guys.

I take that back, I have a 19" not 15" lol....see my eyes hurt so bad i cant see the proper size..seems like my monitor just has bad glare or?..if i stay online for more than 3 hours i have to start squinting.

thank you alldig, I'll look at the dell you recommended.
 
dells are nice. they're samsung monitors. i've been using dual samsungs for about 2 years. at home though i have this big 21 inch CRT. after about 30 minutes of looking at it my eyes feel like they're gonna pop. the LCDs are great though. 20+ hours and the only side effect is fuzzy vision. hehe.

good luck.
 
Thanks Luc. I figured LCD's were better on the eyes, just didn't know which model to get. Looks like I'll check out dell.com and/or go to Best Buy for samsungs.

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it.
 
I'd definitely say LCD for easy on the eyes. I've had an LCD for a year now, and whenever I have to use a CRT my eyes start watering and twitching, I guess I got used to LCD. Also LCD screens don't burn an image into the screen if you leave them on without a screensaver.
 
How are you adjusting your monitor? It doesn't really matter which brand you are using if you don't finetune it FOR YOUR EYES. I have been sitting in front of a monitor for a prolonged timespan (very often more than 12 hours a day) on a daily basis for the past 7 years, but it actually hurts somewhat less than I would expect.

By the way, Sony Trinitron is best among traditional CRT monitors, although I have not used one since more than 4 years ago when I switched to those flat panel LCD.
 
I have Dual Dell 21" LCDs which I purchased for around $700 for the pair. Dell is coming out with 30" inch very soon.
 
Mulder said:
they say to take a break every 15 minutes while on the computer and stare at something at least 20ft away for a little bit

All that break time is less time that could have been spent working to find the next BIG name though! :dead:
 
Get a 20 inch LCD. The ones at Dell run around $350 when you use a coupon. Check out slickdeals.net for them.
 
If its a CRT try turning up the refresh rate to at least 75HZ that will help. I also reccomend the Dell monitors. They are either Hitachi or Samsung screens. If I get a hitachi I return it right away the samsung screens are much better. You can use everest to find out the screen Manufacturer. I use 2 2005fp 20 inch widescreens. They usually do not hurt my eyes but when i do the 18HR days I cannot focus anymore :>)
 
dvestors .. if your eyes are burning, I gotta tell ya .. after one 28-hour day at monitor, I thought I had an eyelash in my eye but it turned out my eyes had gotten so dry, the outer protective layer of the cornea on left eye, which was also next to a lamp, actually got dislodged! Eye doctor put in a medicated contact and it healed, after many weeks of having to use such thick eye medication I was almost blind and couldn't even See the PC with that eye.

Reason I'm writing is to warn you guys who put in long hours to keep a bottle of "Refresh Tears for Mild to Moderate Dry Eye" on your desk .. before you have to use the "Moderate to Severe" ... or even thicker drops by doctor's orders! Burning eyes could mean Dry Eyes and I never thought of Dry Eyes as being dangerous...just annoying.

Bern
 
Hi Bern,

I hope you have recovered thats bad having that happened.. I bet you are still glued to the screen though..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom