Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

cctld Best Parking company for .ca domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I was wondering what you have found to be the best parking program for your .ca domains or any domains for that matter.

Domain Summit 2024

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I prefer fabulous for anything financial/health/industry related and parked.com for adult, geos, and the more generic.

Sadly google has mangled their indexing of parked.com pages. I had so many indexed until a few months ago when google didn't drop them, but picked them up like:

this

Very few have come back from this indexing hell. All the more reason to develop! :eek:k:

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For .ca Parked

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thx, good question

good info :yo:

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My .ca are doing better with Google Adsense for Domains than they did at Parked.com

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I forgot to add - while google screwed up the indexing, yahoo has been fairly favourable to parked.com parked pages. But then they only send a tenth of the traffic google does so it still doesn't make up for the loss. Now add in the decline in parking revenue due to the economic downturn... :disappointed:

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing more traffic and higher CTR and higher RPC. Haven't had time to do full comparison reporting but everyday I am seeing the results of more traffic and more rev and I haven't done anything to change keywords or any customization with Google.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing more traffic and higher CTR and higher RPC. Haven't had time to do full comparison reporting but everyday I am seeing the results of more traffic and more rev and I haven't done anything to change keywords or any customization with Google.

Thanks for the infos :)

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My .ca are doing better with Google Adsense for Domains than they did at Parked.com

I looked at Google adsense for domains today and it is not a simple nameserver change. I'm not a programmer or designer so what they are asking me to do doesn't make any sense. Any help with this $ideline would be appreciated.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Are those dropped names with existing traffic or type-ins?

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Although switching my domains to Google seems a bit more technical, I believe I am going to switch as it would be good to centralize my domains and websites.

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fwdtech - these are type-ins, all names were handregged by me over the last 2 years

namefox - the updating of the A Records and CNAME is definitely not nearly as simply as changing nameservers and why Google decided to do things this way is beyond me. My .ca's are at Namespro and the staff there was extremely helpful and took care of the changes for me. I just told them what I needed and they did it and did it fast! I only use Namespro for .ca so I cannot comment on any other registrar's service levels

Best of luck to both of you and of course feel free to ask me more questions!

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just finished speaking with Namespro and are they ever helpful with the DNS hosting. I'm transferring all I have there.

zerokarma

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been using Google Adsense for Domains for about two months now and it seems to get some decent return. I'm getting about $20-$30/month from my parked .ca domains there (about 70 of them).

The amount of money you'll make depends though, even though I have about 70 domains on there only about 10 of them bring in the bulk of the money, ones with existing traffic or high type in traffic.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would not park any domain with google that is currently indexed - they make sure it is not indexed further and actually ensure it is scrubbed from the search engines while it is parked with them. If you have great type-in domains that's not a problem but otherwise...

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm experimenting with a new service - seoparking.com - it's free.
Amazing tools, let's you put adsense code in.
(I don't know how they make money, unless they have future plans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators